The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Oklahoma/Texas F1 foul (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/103467-oklahoma-texas-f1-foul.html)

SC Official Sat Feb 03, 2018 06:52pm

Oklahoma/Texas F1 foul

6:40 first half.

Bilas said it was "incidental contact" which is asinine.

bob jenkins Sat Feb 03, 2018 09:17pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by sc official (Post 1016249)
bilas said it was "incidental contact" which is asinine.

fify

JRutledge Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:16pm

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/2I4cZHqAb7c" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Peace

Raymond Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:26pm

Bilas makes a Duke education look bad. What a jackwagon.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

bucky Sun Feb 04, 2018 01:14pm

I can't believe there was no initial whistle. As far as cylinder, elbows were not below/above so seems like easy F1. Costly because the bucket was scored when, if foul called initially, it would not.

FormerUmp Sun Feb 04, 2018 03:36pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by bucky (Post 1016268)
I can't believe there was no initial whistle. As far as cylinder, elbows were not below/above so seems like easy F1. Costly because the bucket was scored when, if foul called initially, it would not.

Has the rule always been that way? How far back are they able to go to review a play like this? I can understand the rule allowing the basket to count if they're able to go look at it, for example, after Oklahoma goes down and scores. If they have to review it immediately with no intervening action, I'd think taking the points away would make sense.

Camron Rust Sun Feb 04, 2018 04:51pm

Easy F1.

Not to mention the player traveled not only once but twice before taking the shot (but after the F1). One travel would be splitting hairs but the other was obvious.

bob jenkins Sun Feb 04, 2018 05:34pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camron Rust (Post 1016288)
Easy F1.

Not to mention the player traveled not only once but twice before taking the shot (but after the F1). One travel would be splitting hairs but the other was obvious.

Agreed on both points.

Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. Sun Feb 04, 2018 09:04pm

I am going to be the outlier here, and have just a simple PCF.

MTD, Sr.

JRutledge Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:36pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. (Post 1016297)
I am going to be the outlier here, and have just a simple PCF.

MTD, Sr.

The problem is by rule they cannot call that on replay.

Peace

johnny d Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:30pm

Easy F1. His forearms were horizontal or parallel to the ground. Not considered a basketball move.

Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:26am

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRutledge (Post 1016298)
The problem is by rule they cannot call that on replay.

Peace

I know and that is why I would have been the official that would have reached across the lane and called the PCF immediately after the contact occurred.

MTD, Sr.

Coach Bill Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:47am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camron Rust (Post 1016288)
Easy F1.

What's the first iffy one? I thought he jumped off one and landed on two at the same time. He can't pivot which is the obvious one ur talking about. Did he do something else?

Coach Bill Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:51am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coach Bill (Post 1016303)
What's the first iffy one? I thought he jumped off one and landed on two at the same time. He can't pivot which is the obvious one ur talking about. Did he do something else?

Never mind. I watched more closely. He pivoted twice!

Camron Rust Mon Feb 05, 2018 02:37am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coach Bill (Post 1016303)

He didn't land on two feet simultaneously. One came down before the other, but it was close enough that many wouldn't split that hair.