The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Missouri @ South Carolina women's (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/103433-missouri-south-carolina-womens.html)

SCalScoreKeeper Mon Jan 29, 2018 01:23am

Missouri @ South Carolina women's

Can any of our video gurus pull the scrum from today's Missouri @ South Carolina women's game which occurred with a little less than 2 and a half minutes in the 2nd quarter? Any surprises here as to how this was handled?

Big_Blue_Wannabe Mon Jan 29, 2018 06:01am

I’m not one of the video gurus, but I was able to pull up and watch the replay on ESPN. I was surprised that number 10 for South Carolina who is checked in at the table was not ejected for coming out onto the floor. There were two players from Missouri that came out on the floor, one further than the other which probably deserved To be ejected given the way the rules are written. I’m not so sure about the Missouri player who still had their warm-up shirt on. But that’s just me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SC Official Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:03am

In a high school game, I am not letting a coach come on the floor to yell at me like Dawn Staley did. You can come on the court to break up a fight; you do not get to berate me.

#olderthanilook Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:21am

Quote:

Originally Posted by SC Official (Post 1015817)
In a high school game, I am not letting a coach come on the floor to yell at me like Dawn Staley did. You can come on the court to break up a fight; you do not get to berate me.

Two Missouri reserves ejected after tussle in South Carolina game

Her actions were probably a carryover from the first meeting earlier this season between these two teams when she complained about the crew that was scheduled to work the game. Then, all but called Sophie Cunningham of MU a "dirty player".

rockyroad Mon Jan 29, 2018 05:21pm

It was interesting to me (and commented on by the half-time studio crew) that players from one team were ejected for coming off the bench when the play was reviewed, but since the camera didn't show the other bench, no players were ejected from that team. Not saying the ejections were wrong, just that there was no way to review if the other team had a couple players take that same 2 to 3 steps onto the court while reviewing the play.

jeremy341a Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:07am

Why wasn't the SC player who was waiting at the scores table ejected when she walked on the floor several steps? Is it bc she wasn't in the "bench area" to begin with?

AremRed Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:37am

I do not have any penalties for bench players coming onto the floor. Taking one step over the line is trifling, they never materially left the bench area.

SC coach acted like a b and should have been whacked here.

#olderthanilook Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:02am

Quote:

Originally Posted by AremRed (Post 1015907)
I do not have any penalties for bench players coming onto the floor. Taking one step over the line is trifling, they never materially left the bench area.

Agreed on both counts.

In fact, Staley's entire purpose for entering the court was to coerce the official's decisions about the situation, which is obviously what is going on after the scrum is cleared and players sent back to their respective bench areas.

Staley is left standing at mid-court giving ALL THREE officials her thoughts on the matter.

Unbelievable.

UNIgiantslayers Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:12am

Quote:

Originally Posted by #olderthanilook (Post 1015914)
Agreed on both counts.

In fact, Staley's entire purpose for entering the court was to coerce the official's decisions about the situation, which is obviously what is going on after the scrum is cleared and players sent back to their respective bench areas.

Staley is left standing at mid-court giving ALL THREE officials her thoughts on the matter.

Unbelievable.

Yep. As soon as one official motions for her to head back to her bench and she keeps going and then turns to the other official, I'd whack her. There was NO reason for her to stay there, and clearly the conference is not going to do anything about her ridiculous behavior this season so I'd gladly oblige her.

HawkeyeCubP Tue Jan 30, 2018 02:42pm

Quote:

FWIW, my women's college supervisors would all want SC10 assessed a DQF and ejected for stepping onto the court as she did and the replay clearly showed. (I don't with certainty, however, know if the officials at the monitor were privy to that view.)

Quote:

Maybe don't use a gendered derogatory term, there.

SC Official Tue Jan 30, 2018 02:48pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by HawkeyeCubP (Post 1015948)
Maybe don't use a gendered derogatory term, there.

Maybe don't be so sensitive about something petty.

FWIW, I often call male coaches "b*tches" when I'm discussing their behavior with colleagues.

JRutledge Tue Jan 30, 2018 02:51pm

Maybe she was being an ass. ;)

Peace

HawkeyeCubP Tue Jan 30, 2018 02:54pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRutledge (Post 1015951)
Maybe she was being an ass. ;)

Peace

;)

HawkeyeCubP Tue Jan 30, 2018 02:59pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by SC Official (Post 1015950)

FWIW, I often call male coaches "b*tches" when I'm discussing their behavior with colleagues.

Mysogony and emasculation are familiar friends.

#olderthanilook Tue Jan 30, 2018 03:57pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by SC Official (Post 1015950)

The "b" word, along with the oft used "f" word are all over used by everyone that thinks it's cool to use them. It's all just annoying and makes the user sound like a hoosier.