The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Assignment roulette (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/103267-assignment-roulette.html)

bainsey Thu Dec 21, 2017 09:35am

Assignment roulette

Monday -- Postponed, snow.
Tuesday -- Visiting team decides not to make the trek through the snow, home school forgets to call assinger & officials. Custodian is confused with our arrival, school calls us later to apologize.
Wednesday -- OK
Thursday (today) -- Postponed, adjacent school within the district gets a threatening call from an apparent student.

Assigner tells me to keep bag packed and ready. You never know who may call in.

LRZ Thu Dec 21, 2017 09:43am

We've had such discussions before, on this board: I hope you got paid--at least half-fee--for Tuesday.

bainsey Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:04am

Quote:

Originally Posted by LRZ (Post 1013458)
We've had such discussions before, on this board: I hope you got paid--at least half-fee--for Tuesday.

Affirmative, half pay plus mileage.

Nevadaref Thu Dec 21, 2017 05:41pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by bainsey (Post 1013456)
Assigner tells me to keep back packed and ready. You never know who may call in.

"Back packed"--Do you hike to your games?

bainsey Thu Dec 21, 2017 05:58pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nevadaref (Post 1013499)
"Back packed"--Do you hike to your games?

Whoops, thanks. Fixed it. Didn't need it tonight, anyway.

JRutledge Thu Dec 21, 2017 06:15pm

Actually, it is becoming common for officials to wear a backpack to games. Much of this is generational. ;)

Peace

grunewar Thu Dec 21, 2017 06:17pm

In northern Virginia, our schools will close and games will be postponed if snow is in Ohio and heading our way!! One yr I had 11 games moved around. It's certainly easier for assignors to reschedule now......than late in Jan/early Feb!

Good luck with the weather one and all!

The_Rookie Thu Dec 21, 2017 07:28pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by grunewar (Post 1013502)
In northern Virginia, our schools will close and games will be postponed if snow is in Ohio and heading our way!! One yr I had 11 games moved around. It's certainly easier for assignors to reschedule now......than late in Jan/early Feb!

Good luck with the weather one and all!

Move to Miami or San Diego and avoid all these weather hassles:p

BillyMac Thu Dec 21, 2017 07:32pm

Not A Dime Less ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by bainsey (Post 1013456)
Tuesday -- Visiting team decides not to make the trek through the snow, home school forgets to call assigner & officials. Custodian is confused with our arrival, school calls us later to apologize.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LRZ (Post 1013458)
I hope you got paid--at least half-fee--for Tuesday.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bainsey (Post 1013464)
Affirmative, half pay ...

Here in Connecticut, we would get full pay, and would expect to get nothing less. The officials showed up. Not the officials fault. Not the assigners fault. It's the home school's fault, so they pay the piper.

Pantherdreams Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:25pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillyMac (Post 1013506)
Here in Connecticut, we would get full pay, and would expect to get nothing less. The officials showed up. Not the officials fault. Not the assigners fault. It's the home school's fault, so they pay the piper.

And there are only 2 of you 😉