The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Shirts and pants (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/103032-shirts-pants.html)

WhistlesAndStripes Wed Oct 18, 2017 06:46pm

Shirts and pants

Ok, what’s the most comfortable shirts and pants people are wearing these days. I lost some weight this offseason and need to update the wardrobe.

Shirts preferably with the flags already on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

constable Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:43am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whistles & Stripes (Post 1010268)
Ok, what’s the most comfortable shirts and pants people are wearing these days. I lost some weight this offseason and need to update the wardrobe.

Shirts preferably with the flags already on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I vote for the Smitty pro pants. Shirts.. Most of mine are honigs.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

SC Official Thu Oct 19, 2017 06:10am

Sansabelt pants (from officiallysports.com)

Smitty shirts (in the “elite” fabric if available, which I don’t think it is for state-specific shirts)

JRutledge Thu Oct 19, 2017 07:39am

The same things I have been wearing for some time. Sansabelt pants (had the same ones for years) and the lightweight shirts with the wicker fabric. Been using both for years.

Peace

Smitty Thu Oct 19, 2017 07:53am

I lost a bunch of weight from last season as well - if you have an opportunity to try shirts on (we have vendors come to our first and second association meetings), definitely try some on. I was surprised that I went down 2 sizes when I was planning on just blindly buying one size lower than last year.

On a side note, our association likes to change shirts every couple of years, which is really annoying. We went from black and white to grey and now back to black and white, but not just regular black and white - it has to be the wide side panel black and white, so I had to buy all new shirts again. And they want us all wearing the same shirts - the dye sublimated kind that has the association patch and flag already dyed onto the shirt, which cost $40 each. Brilliant. I swear they get kickbacks from the shirt manufacturers.

I also had to buy new pants due to the weight loss and am trying the new Smitty 4-way stretch. Haven't worn them yet in a game but they feel a little weird just trying them on. Much lighter than the normal Smitty pants. Not sure I love the way the feel but I will be wearing full length compression pants underneath so I'm hoping it won't bug me.

SD Referee Thu Oct 19, 2017 08:35am

Anybody have recommendations on shirts? I have a fairly muscular build and it seems that XL is sometimes too big and L looks like I am wearing my child's shirt.

Looking for an athletic cut shirt that isn't too bulky.

I hear Honigs are nice, but I've never tried one on. Always looking for other suggestions.

so cal lurker Thu Oct 19, 2017 08:36am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smitty (Post 1010294)
Brilliant. I swear they get kickbacks from the shirt manufacturers.

Nah. If they were getting kickbacks they'd do the soccer thing and expect you to have multiple shirt options.

(US soccer currently has 5 referee shirt colors and introduced a new style this year; serious officials are expected to have all five, preferably in both long and short sleeves. Yup, that's $500 bucks to have the full assortment from the official supplier. And they revise the styles every 5-6 years.)

justacoach Thu Oct 19, 2017 09:38am

Quote:

Originally Posted by SD Referee (Post 1010301)
Anybody have recommendations on shirts? I have a fairly muscular build and it seems that XL is sometimes too big and L looks like I am wearing my child's shirt.

I hear Honigs are nice, but I've never tried one on. Always looking for other suggestions.

Sounds like you need a good tailor to mod your shirts to fit properly.

SD Referee Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:38am

Quote:

Originally Posted by justacoach (Post 1010316)

More than likely

IncorrectCall Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:30pm

Quote:

Buy an XL and tailor. Smitty sublimated is good.

zm1283 Thu Oct 19, 2017 04:55pm

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by justacoach (Post 1010316)

Exactly what I was going to say. Get an XL and have a tailor take it in. Did that with four shirts last year and they look great.