The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Oct 17, 2017, 11:34am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to agr8zebra
2017-18 NFHS Basketball Part I Test

Does anyone have a copy of the current test. I wanted to get a jump on it as I have some time this weekend.

You can private message me...

Thanks.... Jess

After all that is said and done, more is said than done
Old Tue Oct 17, 2017, 12:47pm
Official Forum Member

That's a copyrighted item...you decide whether that's an important distinction or not.
Old Tue Oct 17, 2017, 03:51pm
9/11 - Never Forget

Send a message via Yahoo to grunewar
Quote:
Originally Posted by agr8zebra View Post
Does anyone have a copy of the current test.
So, by your sign-in name you are/or want to be " a great zebra."

So one way to do that is to study the current test, which some might call cheating, and then take that exam or one very close?

I don't quite understand that.
Old Tue Oct 17, 2017, 04:12pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunewar View Post

So one way to do that is to study the current test, which some might call cheating, and then take that exam or one very close?

Or he/she could be from a state that does not take the test at all. Or it is an open book test and getting the test means nothing to the answers.

My state does not take the NF test and has not for probably 10 years now, they make their own test which is fewer questions and not True-False. Getting the test would be great to use for other reasons than cheating on a test. IJS.

Peace
Old Tue Oct 17, 2017, 07:39pm
NFHS Official

We take a 50 question test. I have copies of my test's from the 2012 season to now. They are great to use for situations, meetings, teaching tool.
Old Tue Oct 17, 2017, 08:56pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to agr8zebra
I come from Utah, the test isn't out yet here, i know it is out in other states. I have time this weekend to go through it but no access. I dont want the answers just the questions then monday i could supply the answers to achieve atleast a 95 or better.

After all that is said and done, more is said than done
Old Sat Oct 21, 2017, 10:27pm
Official Forum Member

Wink Easy fellas!

Taken care of Zebra, if he wants it just or viewing!
Old Sun Oct 22, 2017, 12:16am
AremRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunewar View Post

Wtf man, it’s a freaking open-book test. How exactly is that cheating??
Old Sun Oct 22, 2017, 12:45am
I got a Basketball Jones!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AremRed View Post
Wtf man, it’s a freaking open-book test. How exactly is that cheating??
Maybe in your location.....
Old Sun Oct 22, 2017, 12:51am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by justacoach View Post
Maybe in your location.....
Well unless we know where he/she (the OPer) is located, we cannot quite call it cheating, can we?

Also, I took the test for another state and this was the dumbest test ever. I am so glad my home state got rid of this test some time ago. How many questions do we need to have asked about how many inches a line is on the court? Or better yet, I really need to know the exact diameter size of the basket ring? Chances are if we do not have the right line size on a court that is listed in the rulebook, we have bigger fish to fry.

Peace
Old Sun Oct 22, 2017, 08:26am
Official Forum Member

In South Carolina we have to take this stupid test to be certified (open book, three attempts, 70% required) AND an even stupider closed-book in-person exam in Columbia which is what factors into our rating.

And I'm with JRut.
Old Sun Oct 22, 2017, 12:19pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Who Said Cheaters Never Prosper ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
Well unless we know where he/she is located, we cannot quite call it cheating, can we?
For many years here in my little corner of Connecticut, we would take the annual IAABO Refresher Exam as an individual, at home, open book test, and send in the answers to be graded to count toward our rating and ranking.

There was just too much cheating going on. A few guys would somehow get access to the answer sheet, often from friends in other states, and share it with their local friends, often discussing the correct answers as a small group, in someone's living room, or at someone's dining room table (often with refreshments served, I knew of one group where everyone would chip in five bucks for pizza and beer). In some cases guys would simply copy the correct answers to their own exam, not even reading the questions. Guys with no access to the answer sheet, or to friends holding group discussions (in other words, the way the Exam was supposed to be taken), were at a major disadvantage (the annual IAABO Refresher Exam can be very tricky. Not as tricky a JRutledge's inside, and/or outside, diameter of the rim, but still pretty tricky).

The Refresher Exam, as a rating tool, became ineffective. Eventually the powers to be just through up their hands and gave up, basically legalizing what was going on illegally.

We still use the IAABO Refresher Exam. We still take it as an individual, at home, open book test. The next step is to bring our answered exam to one of about a dozen and a half Refresher Exam meetings held at various times at various locations. You must have an answered exam to get into one of these meetings (even if all the questions are answered incorrectly, nobody checks for incorrect answers, just for an answered, completed exam). Attendance is strictly taken at these meetings. At these meetings a leader has the correct answers, and we discuss each question, eventually get the correct answer, and get to ask followup questions. Some leaders even provide copies of the answer sheet with answer citations.

We no longer use the Refresher Exam for our ratings process. However, the penalty for not showing up at one of these board-sponsored Refresher Exam meeting is quite severe, no game assignments for the season, so it behooves us to show up.

(Note: Do not confuse this with the initial exam to join IAABO. That's still given as an individual, closed book exam, at one location, in a proctored setting.)
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Sun Oct 22, 2017 at 06:23pm.
Old Sun Oct 22, 2017, 11:07pm
Do not give a damn!!

But someone needs to tell me how is an open book test that is given without specific time limit (like 2 hours for example) is cheating? We have an open book test and it is common for people to go over the test together. If they want a test to be secret or like you would take an exam when you were in school, then require everyone to take the exam.

How about this one. Stop putting so much emphasis on a test?

Peace
Old Mon Oct 23, 2017, 02:00am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
But someone needs to tell me how is an open book test that is given without specific time limit (like 2 hours for example) is cheating? We have an open book test and it is common for people to go over the test together. If they want a test to be secret or like you would take an exam when you were in school, then require everyone to take the exam.

How about this one. Stop putting so much emphasis on a test?

Peace
Not everyone lives in your little corner of the world and there is more than one way that people do things. Just because it is an open book test in your area doesn't mean it is everywhere. In fact, it isn't.
Old Mon Oct 23, 2017, 09:38am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camron Rust View Post
Not everyone lives in your little corner of the world and there is more than one way that people do things. Just because it is an open book test in your area doesn't mean it is everywhere. In fact, it isn't.
But then do not get on people as if they are doing something wrong when they might be doing what is expected or accepted. If you live a state that worries about these things, then worry about the people from your state. Not everyone in the country even takes the NF test at all. Glad my main state does not. But if someone needs to get a question like:

Quote:
What is the basket ring:

a. 20 inches in diameter and 10 feet above the floor.
b. 18 inches in diameter and 9 feet above the floor.
c. 18 inches in diameter and 10 feet above the floor.
d. 20 inches in diameter and 9 feet above the floor.
e. 19 inches in diameter and 10 feet above the floor.
I am sorry, this is one of the dumbest questions that are on the test. It is not only a silly question, are we going to measure to find out on each court? Are we going to not play if it is not the right answer? We have all seen a basketball court and been around the court at some point in our lives. Great to know what these measurements are, but if we cannot get a backcourt violation rule right or we do not know when LGP takes place or is established, that is a bigger issue than knowing the rim is 19 inches or 20 inches.

Peace