Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Mon Aug 07, 2017, 12:57pm
This IS My Social Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by AremRed View Post
I've definitely participated in pregame meetings with the coaches where the Referee asked these things (while I was rolling my eyes)...
My friend from just south of me seems to be treating this as if it were merely a mechanic, optional and harmless to dismiss. It's a rule, 2-4-5. And yes I do "these things" every single game when I'm the R and yes it only takes a couple of seconds and yes there's nothing detrimental about securing a mild form of advance affirmation from the coaches on these two issues prior to the game and yes I'll furtively transfer the contents of your hemorrhoid ointment to your toothpaste tube if I detect your "eyes rolling" behind my back next time we do a game together and yes I'd otherwise expect you also to pregame what other NFHS rules you've arbitrarily decided to ignore so I don't step on your precious, sensitive toes out there on the court by calling something you deem capricious and ridiculous so that we as a crew are on the same tattered page, maintaining the consistency that standard subscription to the rules otherwise would provide.