The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Thanks (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/102604-thanks.html)

LRZ Wed Apr 26, 2017 06:14pm

Thanks

I would like to thank the video-adepts, especially JRutledge, for posting all those videos for our benefit. Your efforts are much appreciated.

bondguy Thu Apr 27, 2017 08:46am

Ditto. I am a frequent (almost daily) lurker.

I got back into high school officiating a couple of years ago after a LONG layoff.

I have learned so much on this site. Thanks to all.

JRutledge Thu Apr 27, 2017 08:50am

Well thank you for the kind words. Glad you and others like the efforts.

Peace

Mark Padgett Thu Apr 27, 2017 09:42am

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRutledge (Post 1005181)
Well thank you for the kind words. Glad you and others like the efforts.

Peace

I'm one of those others, Rut. Thanks, buddy. :)

Jimmie24 Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:51am

I agree. I appreciate seeing the videos and the discussion on the proper calls. Reading and that style of studying is good, but for me it is good to actually see it too. Thank you for your efforts.

BigT Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:26am

JRut you are a bit slow...

Anyone for hiring him part time with a salary to speed things up?

:):):)

Amesman Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:42pm

This is one time when piling on, or coming a bit late to the party is AOK.

I call it "a patient comment."

Thanks indeed for all the video efforts, guys.

And while we're at it, for all who take the time to teach and help your (mostly faceless) colleagues here on the board.

mlv28 Sun Apr 30, 2017 01:40pm

I would also like to thank you. I learn more from the videos you post, than the videos that they use at our association meetings.

BillyMac Sun Apr 30, 2017 02:55pm

Noli Equi Dentes Inspicere Donati ...

As much as I hate to look a gift horse in the mouth, I didn't like the multiple videos in the same thread. It made it difficult got me to follow the followup discussion. Otherwise, much thanks JRutledge, and others.

JRutledge Sun Apr 30, 2017 05:00pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillyMac (Post 1005266)
As much as I hate to look a gift horse in the mouth, I didn't like the multiple videos in the same thread. It made it difficult got me to follow the followup discussion. Otherwise, much thanks JRutledge, and others.

For the record, it was easier to stay within the topic or multiple situations were referenced in the same thread. It would have been complicated to post those in multiple thread where the situation was not requested.

Also trying to follow what was asked of others. There would be 3 and 4 different plays per game as well. I would have had to post several different plays across the board. I was kind of told that is not what those wanted.

Peace

Camron Rust Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:20pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillyMac (Post 1005266)

Agree. It makes it hard to know which video is being commented on sometimes. Combining a 2-3 might be OK but much more is just unmanageable for discussion.

#olderthanilook Mon May 01, 2017 12:16pm

I've said "thank you" to Rut before, but it's definitely worth saying again - so here goes:

Thank You!

:D

BigT Mon May 01, 2017 03:34pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by billymac (Post 1005266)
as much as i hate to look a gift horse in the mouth, i didn't like the multiple videos in the same thread. It made it difficult got me to follow the followup discussion. Otherwise, much thanks jrutledge, and others.

+1

walt Thu May 04, 2017 12:00pm

I am on board with all of the RUT praise. Video is an awesome teaching tool. Thanks for all the finding, clipping, and posting RUT!