The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   NCAA Tournament (Elite 8 Games) Video Requests - Saturday and Sunday (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/102475-ncaa-tournament-elite-8-games-video-requests-saturday-sunday.html)

JRutledge Sat Mar 25, 2017 02:13pm

NCAA Tournament (Elite 8 Games) Video Requests - Saturday and Sunday

Here is the start of this.

Again, be specific of the time or at the very least what kind of play it is you want shown.

Peace

Raymond Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:13pm

OU/KU 13:44 2nd half

An example of why the Lead should not call fouls above the rim, especially on the other side of the rim

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

ODog Sun Mar 26, 2017 01:41pm

Just general commentary, no video request. The shot clock is a NIGHTMARE in the So. Carolina/Florida game. They've had to stop the game several times in the first five minutes. It's clearly malfunctioning.

But anyway, I notice that Jeff Anderson does a mechanic/signal, seemingly when the shot clock is around 10, where he motions/points toward the hoop. Is that a crew/clock awareness thing? Anyone else know what he's doing or employ this themselves?

ODog Sun Mar 26, 2017 01:51pm

SC/Fla, 10:00 first half. Is this a travel?

bucky Sun Mar 26, 2017 02:20pm

Well, here we go again. End of first half of Florida game. Player grabs rim with one hand and ball with other BEFORE end of first half. Why no TF? It is automatic!

JRutledge Sun Mar 26, 2017 02:22pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by bucky (Post 1003483)
Well, here we go again. End of first half of Florida game. Player grabs rim with one hand and ball with other BEFORE end of first half. Why no TF? It is automatic!

Apparently not. But then again I was told I do not know the rule, so go figure. :D

Peace

bucky Sun Mar 26, 2017 03:29pm

And at about 2:20 left in regulation of Florida game there was ANOTHER rim grab and of course, no call.

Fuelrider Sun Mar 26, 2017 05:07pm

Florida-South Carolina

Should've posted this in here. Lol. 50.4 left 2nd half South Carolina, inbound baseball pass. At what point Did the South Carolina player have possession to start counting his steps. It looked like he traveled while trying to slow down underneath the basket? Or was it a great no call?

Fuelrider Sun Mar 26, 2017 05:14pm

North Carolina-Kentucky

About 3 seconds left in the first half, the last drive to the bucket by Kentucky.

Nevadaref Sun Mar 26, 2017 05:44pm

UNC v Kentucky
14:30 in the 2nd half.
UNC player at the top of the key.
Did he travel or was the ball knocked out by the defender?

Nevadaref Sun Mar 26, 2017 05:58pm

9:00 exactly left in second half of UNC v Kentucky.
Lead correctly calls goaltending. I was surprised that the call didn't come from the C, but he may have had a whistle too. Hard to see as he was almost out of the frame.

Nevadaref Sun Mar 26, 2017 06:28pm

Can't believe that they aren't using the monitor to check the clock following UNC's last basket. Rulewise there is a huge difference between 0.3 and 0.4 remaining.

Camron Rust Sun Mar 26, 2017 06:53pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRutledge (Post 1003485)
Apparently not. But then again I was told I do not know the rule, so go figure. :D

Peace

You don't...and apparently you're not the only one.

Camron Rust Sun Mar 26, 2017 06:54pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nevadaref (Post 1003528)
Can't believe that they aren't using the monitor to check the clock following UNC's last basket. Rulewise there is a huge difference between 0.3 and 0.4 remaining.

I agree. The ball was clear of the net with 0.5 even. That is a huge error that cost UK the chance at a shot.

AremRed Sun Mar 26, 2017 06:57pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camron Rust (Post 1003531)
I agree. The ball was clear of the net with 0.5 even. That is a huge error that cost UK the chance at a shot.

Concur. I kept waiting for them to announce a correction but it never happened. Initially I thought Higgins was blowing it dead to correct the clock, the official covering the shot had clearly signaled it was a 2 and was not the official to initiate a review of that.