The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Mar 14, 2017, 09:32pm
Get away from me, Steve.

How about the same analysis of female officials working the girls tournament?
Old Tue Mar 14, 2017, 10:22pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Law And Order ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
How about the same analysis of female officials working the girls tournament?
Not funny here in my little corner of Connecticut. We have to answer a charge of discrimination: females being assigned fewer varsity games (compared to subvarsity games) than their male counterparts based on the comparative numbers of female and male officials. We had to hire an attorney to defend us.

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Wed Mar 15, 2017 at 06:12am.
Old Wed Mar 15, 2017, 09:37am
Official Forum Member

Looks like a no brainer call to me. The whole game is at that link if interested. I watched the first couple minutes and saw some good officiating and some really poor execution by EC.
Old Wed Mar 15, 2017, 09:45am
TODO: creative title here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballgame99 View Post

Looks like a no brainer call to me. The whole game is at that link if interested. I watched the first couple minutes and saw some good officiating and some really poor execution by EC.
The call in question is at about the 1:45:30 mark... not a good angle on the initial view, but the replay at 1:46:15ish shows it clearly.

Also, white coach should've been whacked before the free throws for the foul... he was on the floor, across midcourt, nearly all the way to the black team's free throw line.
Old Wed Mar 15, 2017, 10:02am
Official Forum Member

There was some shaky stuff in the game: three arm swings on a closely guarded dribble, quick change of arm --three more swings, resulting in a 5 second call....but that wasn't against Trgovich's team. Shaky held ball late went against him.

Wouldn't put it in the HOF as an officiated gem, but Trgo's claims were preposterous.
Old Wed Mar 15, 2017, 11:27am

At full speed I wasn't sure I liked the call but in the replay, it looks pretty clear that 31 white has his left arm wrapped around the players waist. The ref is on the baseline, has a good angle, can see the whole play, and comes up signalling a hold. Looks like a pretty solid call to me.
Old Wed Mar 15, 2017, 11:34am
Do not give a damn!!

I saw the last play, I have no problem with the call. I do not have time to dissect the game in that detail for a high school game.

Peace
Old Wed Mar 15, 2017, 02:14pm
AremRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballgame99 View Post

LOL at 1:32:05!
Old Wed Mar 15, 2017, 02:26pm
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by AremRed View Post
LOL at 1:32:05!
I can't load 2:00 YouTube videos at work. What happens at that point?
Old Thu Mar 16, 2017, 05:09am
Official Forum Member

They hold the ball for two minutes (reason for shot clock) in the 2nd OT and turn it over...they only take one shot in the 2nd OT... they let one player score 45 or so points out of the 50 something points and he wants to talk about officiating? Wow....
Old Sat Mar 18, 2017, 11:25am
Official Forum Member

Great get! However, that crew seem to struggle for much of the game.
EC coach should have been whacked earlier and I'm guessing his kids would have played better if he was tossed.
Worse handling of overtimes by EC coach I've ever seen, because he made his kids hold the ball to get one shot; and for the sake of the game of basketball, I'm glad it didn't work!
The EC coach needs to borrow a page from the Seton Hall coach: though being a bated by the media; he owned his loss to Arkansas.
Glad EC coach resigned; because he doesn't realize that holding the ball for nearly two overtimes is HIM not allowing the kids to determine the outcome.
Don't know who this Cox guy is, but I'm not sure why he'd even dignify these people with a meeting... perhaps it's in his job description somewhere?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk