The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   When does your season start? (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/1023-when-does-your-season-start.html)

BktBallRef Thu Oct 26, 2000 11:02pm

WOW! Judging by all the posts today, it's obvious that the season is almost upon us. When does your season start?

My first games are November 13th, a girls/boys varsity doubleheader. I can hardly wait!

JRutledge Fri Oct 27, 2000 12:53am

My first varsity game is on November 17th. My first boys basketball game is on the 20th.

Hawks Coach Fri Oct 27, 2000 07:20am

Varsity starts in a couple of weeks, but our AAU club and others run fall leagues in the pre-HS age groups using HS officials, so we have been keeping some folks occupied at least once a week since early September.

JAdams Fri Oct 27, 2000 08:47am

Ohio's Schedule

In Ohio, girls HS play starts on Friday, November 24th. Boys play starts one week later on December 1st.

Ron Pilo Fri Oct 27, 2000 08:57am

High school doesn't start until after Thanksgiving here in Washington, BUT I do have my first DII women's game in Friday the 17th of November.............I am sooooo excited.

rockyroad Fri Oct 27, 2000 09:47am

Hey Ron...my first is on the 17th also. Where are you at that day??? See you on Saturday - oh yeah, it's tomorrow!!
dj

Kelly Kinghorn Fri Oct 27, 2000 11:13am

HS season doesn't start here until after Thanksgiving (still don't have a schedule), but I have an NAIA mens tourney Nov 10-11.

To this point, only scrimmages, including two tomorrow.

Tim Roden Fri Oct 27, 2000 12:31pm

Colorado.

I call some JH games next weekend in a beginning of the season tournament. First games I've called since June. HS doesn't allow scrimmages until thanksgiving weekend and games start on November 30.

Mark Dexter Fri Oct 27, 2000 07:02pm

Early birds!

Wow! Local high school games don't start until Dec. 9 for the girls, and Dec. 16 for the boys.

mick Fri Oct 27, 2000 09:36pm

Re: Early Foxes!

Quote:

Originally posted by Mark Dexter
Wow! Local high school games don't start until Dec. 9 for the girls, and Dec. 16 for the boys.
C'mon Mark.
Put away the scorebook, put on the stripes, and blow that Fox.
You could have a nice shine on those shoes by 9 December.
mick

ilya Fri Oct 27, 2000 10:39pm

i'm not a ref, but here in hillsboro, oregon our school's varsity has its first game like on 28th of november

BktBallRef Fri Oct 27, 2000 11:17pm

When does your practice start ilya? In NC, practice starts Nov. 1 and the first games are Nov. 13.

ilya Sat Oct 28, 2000 12:03am

Umm, let me see
JV and varsity already had practices and fall league.
Freshmen have tryouts November 6th-8th i think (CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!) and the first game is around 28th. The practices probably start around 13th

Alaska Ref Sat Oct 28, 2000 01:50am

The Alaska state High School season starts December 14th.

The University of Alaska Fairbanks (D-2) will start with a exhibition game on November 7th. After 2 non-conferance games our preseason tournament "The Top of the World Classic" will run November 16th to the 19th.

We are all excited!

Good Luck everyone.

Mark Dexter Sat Oct 28, 2000 01:37pm

Re: Re: Early Foxes!

Quote:

Originally posted by mick

C'mon Mark.
Put away the scorebook, put on the stripes, and blow that Fox.
You could have a nice shine on those shoes by 9 December.
mick

I wanted to, but the local board's summer ref school just didn't fit into my schedule.

hoopsrefBC Sat Oct 28, 2000 03:26pm

Quote:

Originally posted by Ron Pilo
High school doesn't start until after Thanksgiving here in Washington, BUT I do have my first DII women's game in Friday the 17th of November.............I am sooooo excited.
Hey Ron,
what conferance(s) are you working in? Our provincial interpreter works DII, DI, and i was wondering if you every work with him. Bill Crowley.

Up here in British Columbia, Canada my first University exibition game was last september. So far i've done about 15 games. High School (exib)start the third friday in November with league starting December 1.

Thanks
SH
keep smiling

[Edited by hoopsrefBC on Oct 28th, 2000 at 03:29 PM]