The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Feb 20, 2017, 05:55pm
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref View Post
White 35 fouled the opponent twice. The other defender, #2, who eventually stole the ball did not foul, but his steal was aided by the second foul of his teammate.

NevadaRef:

I agree with your assessment of the play.

MTD, Sr.

P.S. This is the second thread in the last two days where we have agreed. That is certainly a sign of the apocalypse, !
Ohio Assn. of Basketball Officials
International Assn. of Approved Bkb. Officials
Ohio High School Athletic Association
Toledo, Ohio
Old Mon Feb 20, 2017, 06:07pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
I disagree. I'm calling that in a high level HS game. Shrug.
We'll have to agree to disagree. Could be video quality. Or I just can't see.

Denucci agrees with you so u have to be right....
Old Mon Feb 20, 2017, 06:15pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCat View Post
We'll have to agree to disagree. Could be video quality. Or I just can't see.

Denucci agrees with you so u have to be right....
Not really.

But if he's going through like that, he'd better be clean. To me, it looks like he bumps him from behind as he goes for the ball.
Old Mon Feb 20, 2017, 06:18pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
Not really.

But if he's going through like that, he'd better be clean. To me, it looks like he bumps him from behind as he goes for the ball.
I know. I shouldn't say that. I'm glad we can agree to disagree.
Old Mon Feb 20, 2017, 08:05pm
Do not give a damn!!

Several points here.

I was the lead on this play and could not tell you anything about what happen on the first play from my angle. I did get a OK look at the second play, but I felt the player in black embellished any contact which made me not even consider a foul. I was happy when I saw the video that there was not much there.

Now the T was the one to call a foul on this play for the most part. One the first contact I did not see a foul on our angle from the video. I think the defender got to the ball first and the player in black ended up with the ball after a lazy pass. Just from an advantage/disadvantage point of view, this was nothing IMO. I see why others might disagree, but I would need a little more to have a foul or a real chance to lose the ball and neither of those happened.

Finally this was a physical and game with a lot of similar steals where nothing was called. So just from a matching the contact, this was IMO typical of the type of defense being played and players can handle the contact. The teams are both ranked in the area (and I believe in the state) and probably will play each other again. I think that we handled the game overall fine and if that was the worst miss in the game, I am satisfied. I mainly mentioned it because this came up and the coach claimed that was a foul at the time. He did not complain to me, but he did complain to one of my partners. I was fine with the explanation I was given by my partners as well.

Peace
Old Mon Feb 20, 2017, 10:08pm
AremRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
Several points here.

I was the lead on this play and could not tell you anything about what happen on the first play from my angle. I did get a OK look at the second play, but I felt the player in black embellished any contact which made me not even consider a foul. I was happy when I saw the video that there was not much there.

Now the T was the one to call a foul on this play for the most part. One the first contact I did not see a foul on our angle from the video. I think the defender got to the ball first and the player in black ended up with the ball after a lazy pass. Just from an advantage/disadvantage point of view, this was nothing IMO. I see why others might disagree, but I would need a little more to have a foul or a real chance to lose the ball and neither of those happened.

Finally this was a physical and game with a lot of similar steals where nothing was called. So just from a matching the contact, this was IMO typical of the type of defense being played and players can handle the contact. The teams are both ranked in the area (and I believe in the state) and probably will play each other again. I think that we handled the game overall fine and if that was the worst miss in the game, I am satisfied. I mainly mentioned it because this came up and the coach claimed that was a foul at the time. He did not complain to me, but he did complain to one of my partners. I was fine with the explanation I was given by my partners as well.
Well said, I have the same analysis as you. CNC on both steal attempts.
Old Wed Feb 22, 2017, 05:06pm
Official Forum Member

J RUT, 1st viewing real time I have nothing. Watched it again and again.....that's nothing down here! Of course I expect the Coach to ask (complain) about the call but that's basketball!