The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Tennessee @ North Carolina Plays (Video) (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/101942-tennessee-north-carolina-plays-video.html)

JRutledge Sun Dec 11, 2016 07:08pm

Tennessee @ North Carolina Plays (Video)
 
Play #1:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3Oy1Njw6na8?list=PL33P5XcK3qK__VcsFjpAmK3IRFLj61cQ e" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>


Play #2:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3cMNy9suMGc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>


Play#3:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/QsfX7GQwRdk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>


Play#4:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Nq-gmM0CZpk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>



Peace

SNIPERBBB Sun Dec 11, 2016 07:22pm

#2 not sure that the defender really gets LGP there.
#3 easy TC
#4 dont see a trip unless the players foot catches the defenders groin and causes him to fall.

deecee Sun Dec 11, 2016 08:56pm

1. GT
2. PC
3. TCF
4. No call

Jay R Sun Dec 11, 2016 09:41pm

Many will think that #4 is not a foul because they don't realize that the slight contact by the defender's left knee to the dribbler's left foot causes the dribbler to trip on his own feet.

SNIPERBBB Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:00pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay R (Post 994644)
Many will think that #4 is not a foul because they don't realize that the slight contact by the defender's left knee to the dribbler's left foot causes the dribbler to trip on his own feet.

The question is, was there contact? From the video its hard to tell if there was actually contact or not, the angle isnt perfect and I cant tell any deflection.

Reaction of the NC player is either that he did know there was contact or was doing a really good job of shrugging off the call.

tnolan Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:16am

we were discussing Play #1 on Saturday.
so for NFHS, ball has to have a chance to go in and be on downward flight, and be entirely above the cylinder. but does that mean "in the cylinder above the rim" ?

for this play...it's tough to determine if it has a chance to go in.
it's coming back back down and it definitely above but not within the cylinder.
so do we need only 1 property to be there? or all 3? or 2/3 ain't bad??

bob jenkins Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:23am

Quote:

Originally Posted by tnolan (Post 994667)
we were discussing Play #1 on Saturday.
so for NFHS, ball has to have a chance to go in and be on downward flight, and be entirely above the cylinder. but does that mean "in the cylinder above the rim" ?

for this play...it's tough to determine if it has a chance to go in.
it's coming back back down and it definitely above but not within the cylinder.
so do we need only 1 property to be there? or all 3? or 2/3 ain't bad??

If it's in the cylinder, then it's BI, not GT.

For BI, you need ANY ONE of the BI criteria.

For GT, you need ALL of the GT criteria.

SNIPERBBB Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:31am

GT does not require the ball to be in the cylinder, that would be BI.

tnolan Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:33am

ok....that's where i was mixed up.
combining GT and BI but need to separate. thanks!

chymechowder Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:41am

#4

If you go to 0:13 of the video you can clearly see the calling official doing an awesome michael jackson Thriller dance move for the trip signal:)

deecee Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:08pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by chymechowder (Post 994675)
#4

If you go to 0:13 of the video you can clearly see the calling official doing an awesome michael jackson Thriller dance move for the trip signal:)

No where near the thriller dance move

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/u9RKwlF_MXE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

chymechowder Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:25pm

Hmm, maybe that kick was in Billie Jean.

Camron Rust Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:29pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by deecee (Post 994642)
1. GT
2. PC
3. TCF
4. No call

Agree on all.

#4, there was no contact, he tripped when his own two feet hit each other.

Camron Rust Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:32pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by deecee (Post 994642)
1. GT
2. PC
3. TCF
4. No call

Agree on all.

#4, I don't think there was contact. It was pretty close, however.

BillyMac Mon Dec 12, 2016 05:13pm

From The List Of Misunderstood Basketball Rules ...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by tnolan (Post 994670)
... combining GT and BI but need to separate.

NFHS rules:

A player cannot touch the ball, ring, or net while the ball is on the ring or within the basket. A player cannot touch the ball if it is in the imaginary cylinder above the ring. These are examples of basket interference. It is legal to touch the ring or the net if the ball is above the ring and not touching the ring, even if the ball is in the imaginary cylinder above the ring.

Goaltending is when a player touches the ball during a try, or tap, while it is in its downward flight, entirely above the basket ring level, outside the imaginary cylinder above the ring, and has the possibility of entering the basket.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:18pm.



Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.0 RC1