The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Dec 12, 2016, 05:33pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
A player cannot touch the ball, ring, or net while the ball is on the ring or within the basket. A player cannot touch the ball if it is in the imaginary cylinder above the ring. These are examples of basket interference. It is legal to touch the ring or the net if the ball is above the ring and not touching the ring, even if the ball is in the imaginary cylinder above the ring.

Goaltending is when a player touches the ball during a try, or tap, while it is in its downward flight, entirely above the basket ring level, outside the imaginary cylinder above the ring, and has the possibility of entering the basket.
The college rule is different for goaltending and this should have been a violation under NCAA Men's rules.

Peace
Old Tue Dec 13, 2016, 01:08am
Official Forum Member

Of course "Mr I Know the Rules" Bilas has the team control situation completely screwed up. He thinks they aren't shooting because neither team had control, when really orange still had team control when they fouled white, hence no free throws.
Old Tue Dec 13, 2016, 04:06pm
Official Forum Member

Common sense leads me to believe contact caused dribblers foot to redirect into trip. Did I see it? Nope. Would I call it, if I don't see it? Prob not, but game situation would dictate decision.

What I wouldn't say is "there wasn't any contact".
Old Thu Dec 15, 2016, 02:54am
Official Forum Member

1: Goaltending
2: Blocking foul...but regardless of the play lead should get first crack at this. The slot's cadence on his whistle should not be immediate.
3: Team control foul
4: Trip
Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, given a chance to climb, they refuse. They cling to the realm, or the gods, or love. Illusions.

Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.