The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   disqualified player update (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/101891-disqualified-player-update.html)

Bob Bball Tue Nov 29, 2016 04:21pm

disqualified player update

In an earlier post I had asked for information on if any boards had a process to see a disqualified player leave quickly.

I just wanted to let you knew that the situation that led to this question has been dealt with by the league involved after receiving reports from our local officials association.

The player who did not leave quickly has been given a suspension for the balance of the year and playoffs for this season by the league. For this league that will be 20 to 23 games and about 4 1/2 month of time; depending on how far his team goes in the playoffs.

Our association is OK with this action.

BillyMac Tue Nov 29, 2016 04:49pm

Wow ...

That league doesn't mess around.

Camron Rust Tue Nov 29, 2016 05:48pm

At least you know you have a league that will back up the officials when they should. That is the kind of thing that should get around.

deecee Tue Nov 29, 2016 06:13pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Bball (Post 993782)
In an earlier post I had asked for information on if any boards had a process to see a disqualified player leave quickly.

I just wanted to let you knew that the situation that led to this question has been dealt with by the league involved after receiving reports from our local officials association.

The player who did not leave quickly has been given a suspension for the balance of the year and playoffs for this season by the league. For this league that will be 20 to 23 games and about 4 1/2 month of time; depending on how far his team goes in the playoffs.

Our association is OK with this action.

That's great. A kid called me a syrian refugee in a scrimmage last year and got a one game suspension.

packersowner Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:29am

+1 to that kid of knowing more about Syria than the former Libertarian candidate for President.

In all honesty, and I have no idea what prompted him to say that, but did you at least have to laugh a little afterwards? I mean that beats, you're blind zebra.

deecee Wed Nov 30, 2016 07:27am

Quote:

Originally Posted by packersowner (Post 993814)
+1 to that kid of knowing more about Syria than the former Libertarian candidate for President.

In all honesty, and I have no idea what prompted him to say that, but did you at least have to laugh a little afterwards? I mean that beats, you're blind zebra.

I didn't think it was funny at all. Considering I am part middle eastern and this was around the time of the refugee issue and numbnuts oompa loompa presidential candidate stirring the pot.

I called the scrimmage after that comment as things were already out of control with several T's.

WhistlesAndStripes Wed Nov 30, 2016 04:40pm

Was this a rec league issue, do I recall correctly? That's the kind of rec league I wanna work for!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ed Maeder Wed Nov 30, 2016 04:44pm

The wreck league we work with does this. First DQ miss the next game also. Second DQ miss the next two games. Third DQ bye bye for the season. More sever cases dealt with individually.

BigT Wed Nov 30, 2016 04:46pm

Its been one year since my last mens wreck league game....

... I miss it so much..

:):)