The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Wichita St. Coach charges refs, goes bat**** crazy (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/101545-wichita-st-coach-charges-refs-goes-bat-crazy.html)

scrounge Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:28am

Wichita St. Coach charges refs, goes bat**** crazy

quite a shocker!

Sorry, I'll see myself out now...

Wichita St coach Marshall ejected for charging at two refs - ESPN Video

SC Official Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:46am

"Bloodbath." One of our fanboy forum members will have a ball with this one.

Good for the crew.

JRutledge Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:44am

I only noticed that John Saunders died on this link. Forgive me I could not get into the mess of this coach.

Peace

ballgame99 Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:32pm

I read in an article where he said he "was just getting his money's worth", which is the biggest bunch of BS ever. That was more than getting your money's worth, that was outright temper tantrum. He's trying to spin it now that he was just trying to fire his guys up, etc, but the truth is he made an ass of himself and if he ever did that in an actual NCAA game I would hope there would be consequences. Ridiculous.

Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. Wed Aug 10, 2016 02:17pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by ballgame99 (Post 989766)
I read in an article where he said he "was just getting his money's worth", which is the biggest bunch of BS ever. That was more than getting your money's worth, that was outright temper tantrum. He's trying to spin it now that he was just trying to fire his guys up, etc, but the truth is he made an ass of himself and if he ever did that in an actual NCAA game I would hope there would be consequences. Ridiculous.

I think that he should be suspended without pay for at least one school year.

MTD, Sr.

BigCat Wed Aug 10, 2016 03:01pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRutledge (Post 989764)
I only noticed that John Saunders died on this link. Forgive me I could not get into the mess of this coach.

Peace

Same.

so cal lurker Wed Aug 10, 2016 03:05pm

He was suspended:

Wichita State Shockers suspend coach Gregg Marshall for one game after ref tirade

deecee Wed Aug 10, 2016 06:17pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. (Post 989768)
I think that he should be suspended without pay for at least one school year.

MTD, Sr.

It's sports. Coaches and players are pretty much allowed to act like jackasses and all norms of society are suspended. I wish one of the officials whose face he got in decked him. That guy would be on my Chuck Norris list for sure.

Altor Thu Aug 11, 2016 07:34am

Quote:

Originally Posted by deecee (Post 989773)
It's sports. Coaches and players are pretty much allowed to act like jackasses and all norms of society are suspended.

But when an official kicks a rule or does something even more innocuous like miss a judgement call, everybody is calling for their job.

BryanV21 Thu Aug 11, 2016 05:00pm

Welcome to the wonderful world of officiating.

*Not saying you're new to officiating, just a saying... you know? ;)

Bad Zebra Fri Aug 12, 2016 09:43am

Quote:

Originally Posted by so cal lurker (Post 989770)

Pathetic. The "Interim" AD suspends him for one game of an exhibition tour...the coach's statement he released shows NO remorse for his behavior. If I'm the Commissioner of his conference, I'm hauling his ass in to my office for additional penalties as well as the "interim" AD. The guy is a total embarrassment...especially to his players.