The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Women's College v HS Rule Differences (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/101493-womens-college-v-hs-rule-differences.html)

ReffingAce Fri Jul 15, 2016 06:15am

Women's College v HS Rule Differences

What are the major rule differences between NFHS and Women's NCAA?

Raymond Fri Jul 15, 2016 08:24am

If you have access to a rule book you should be able to find them in a chart in the back of the book

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

bob jenkins Fri Jul 15, 2016 09:21am

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadNewsRef (Post 989183)
If you have access to a rule book you should be able to find them in a chart in the back of the book

And since the NCAA book is available on-line through a quick google search, ...

Zoochy Sat Jul 16, 2016 02:57pm

I believe NCAA-W can dunk a dead ball without being penalized

Raymond Sat Jul 16, 2016 04:26pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zoochy (Post 989202)
I believe NCAA-W can dunk a dead ball without being penalized

So can NCAA-M.

Zoochy Sat Jul 16, 2016 04:32pm

So you can dunk in warm-ups in NCAA w/o penality, but it is a technical foul for NFHS.

johnny d Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:14pm

yes

deecee Sun Jul 17, 2016 06:40am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zoochy (Post 989204)
So you can dunk in warm-ups in NCAA w/o penality, but it is a technical foul for NFHS.

It's also a T for Junior College. At least in NY state.

JRutledge Sun Jul 17, 2016 11:37am

Quote:

Originally Posted by deecee (Post 989213)
It's also a T for Junior College. At least in NY state.

The organization took a stand and said it was illegal in JUCO, not just a state thing. NAIA also it is legal, but some conferences do not allow you to dunk during warm-ups.

Peace

BlueDevilRef Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:00am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zoochy (Post 989204)

Just FYI, it is seen as poor taste for a referee to dunk at any time, before, during, or after any game he or she is officiating.

Rich Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:02am

We had a coach get in the warmup line at a camp I was working this past weekend. Younger guy. He missed a dunk and hung on the rim.

I had a talk with him -- simply told him I've never seen a coach pick up a technical foul for dunking before a game. He laughed, I laughed, he got the message and went to the bench.

Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:03am

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRutledge (Post 989214)
The organization took a stand and said it was illegal in JUCO, not just a state thing. NAIA also it is legal, but some conferences do not allow you to dunk during warm-ups.

Peace

Rut:

Since my last season of calling college ball at any level was 2007-08. When did the NJCAA adopt the no dunking a Dead Ball Rule for the women's game?

MTD, Sr.

JRutledge Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:04pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. (Post 989232)
Rut:

Since my last season of calling college ball at any level was 2007-08. When did the NJCAA adopt the no dunking a Dead Ball Rule for the women's game?

MTD, Sr.

For the record I was talking about Men's basketball. I have no idea what the rule is for women's college or if there ever was a rule.

Peace