The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Shirt Stays (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/101269-shirt-stays.html)

RefBob Wed Apr 20, 2016 01:08pm

Shirt Stays

Does anyone have any recommendations on the best type of shirt stay to use (garter type which clips shirt to socks, velcro belt (like Shirt Keeper), rubber belt with nubs, other)? If so, what brand(s) would you recommend?

Thanks.

RefBob Wed Apr 20, 2016 01:20pm

Found a number of prior threads on this issue. Thanks.

Mark Padgett Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:42am

I was going to recommend a staple gun.

Camron Rust Thu Apr 21, 2016 03:48pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Padgett (Post 986564)

Keep it even simpler, get the stripes tattooed onto you. It will never come out and you eliminate the need for laundry. :eek:

BillyMac Thu Apr 21, 2016 03:58pm

Hacked ???

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camron Rust (Post 986580)
Keep it even simpler, get the stripes tattooed onto you. It will never come out and you eliminate the need for laundry.

Mark Padgett: Why are you posting under Camron Rust's username?

kgeorge0263 Thu Apr 21, 2016 08:01pm

Shirt Stay solution

I've purchased neattucks, which has an ad in Referee magazine. I ordered 2 pairs and like them much better than the foot stirrups or the the belt.

Neat Tucks - The Best Way To Keep Your Shirt Tucked In - Best way to keep shirts and uniforms tucked in

I saw a couple of my fellow officials with them and they make you look professional with the shirt being flat and tucked in (no blousing).

Kevin

Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. Thu Apr 21, 2016 08:30pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Padgett (Post 986564)

I find that a nail gun works best.

MTD, Sr.

Raymond Fri Apr 22, 2016 04:51am

I use the y-shaped connectors that I find at military clothing sales

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

constable Fri Apr 22, 2016 06:01am

I use the Flexbelt hidden tailor.

Camron Rust Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:10am

Quote:

Originally Posted by constable (Post 986591)
I use the Flexbelt hidden tailor.

I use the same thing, maybe not the same brand but essentially the same. They eventually tear but it takes a long time. I get 7-8 years out of one.

Dad Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:05pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camron Rust (Post 986600)
I use the same thing, maybe not the same brand but essentially the same. They eventually tear but it takes a long time. I get 7-8 years out of one.

Serious naive question. Do those things actually work(perfectly)? Seemed they'd move and do all sorts of annoying crap so I never tried.

Welpe Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:09pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dad (Post 986604)
Serious naive question. Do those things actually work(perfectly)? Seemed they'd move and do all sorts of annoying crap so I never tried.

I've never had a problem with mine. It also has the bonus effect of helping to keep my pants up. :D

Adam Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:17pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Welpe (Post 986606)
I've never had a problem with mine. It also has the bonus effect of helping to keep my pants up. :D

Same here. I tend to lose them (No idea how) before they tear, and I've never had an issue with them moving up and down.

I'm not a scientist, so I think it's magic.

Rufus Fri Apr 22, 2016 01:02pm

Super Tuks

Several years ago I purchased a pair of these and apparently the company's gone out of business. Still using them today and yes, they do a great job of keeping your shirt tucked in and looking good.

RefBob Fri Apr 22, 2016 01:22pm

Thanks for the constructive (and some unusual and innovative) suggestions!