The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Sep 19, 2003, 10:38am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Luv4Asian8 Send a message via Yahoo to Luv4Asian8
ok, new to the board..so how do i reply to a specfic comment? for example, i see that people can "quote" a specific clause in bold and reply.

Thanks
Old Fri Sep 19, 2003, 10:53am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally posted by Luv4Asian8
ok, new to the board..so how do i reply to a specfic comment? for example, i see that people can "quote" a specific clause in bold and reply.

Thanks
Notice the little tab below what you are reading right now
that says "quote"?

Old Fri Sep 19, 2003, 11:04am
Official Forum Member

Talking

Quote:
Originally posted by Dan_ref
Quote:

Thanks
Notice the little tab below what you are reading right now
that says "quote"?

Ahh yes, thx!
Old Fri Sep 19, 2003, 11:08am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
There is another rule around here that I'll need to invoke, which is that you should at some point explain your screen name. Names like BktBallRef and Dan_Ref are fairly self-explanatory, but yours eludes me. (I hope I'm not the only one).
Old Fri Sep 19, 2003, 11:59am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by rainmaker
There is another rule around here that I'll need to invoke, which is that you should at some point explain your screen name. Names like BktBallRef and Dan_Ref are fairly self-explanatory, but yours eludes me. (I hope I'm not the only one).
I'll second that, it eludes me as well.
Old Fri Sep 19, 2003, 12:02pm
Official Forum Member

Wink

Quote:
Haha, fair enough. It's a SN I had since jr. high with AOL chat rooms, etc. y'know how us kids were during that self-expression period. Now, I just dont think i can remember too many passwords or SNs. i sometimes uses WaNNaBeRaCeR, as you can tell, when i started driving. Now, prolly too old (no not really) to make up names...haha! (^_~)
Old Fri Sep 19, 2003, 12:26pm
Official Forum Member

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Luv4Asian8
Quote:
Haha, fair enough. It's a SN I had since jr. high with AOL chat rooms, etc. y'know how us kids were during that self-expression period. Now, I just dont think i can remember too many passwords or SNs. i sometimes uses WaNNaBeRaCeR, as you can tell, when i started driving. Now, prolly too old (no not really) to make up names...haha! (^_~)
You wouldn't have combined a period of "substance exploration" with your period of self-expression, would you?

Welcome to the forum and to reffing. You'll find this is a great place to learn and improve.
Old Fri Sep 19, 2003, 12:31pm
Official Forum Member

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Back In The Saddle
Quote:
Quote:
You wouldn't have combined a period of "substance exploration" with your period of self-expression, would you?

Welcome to the forum and to reffing. You'll find this is a great place to learn and improve.
haha no no...nuttin like that...thanks, i have already learned a ton of things here so far, and hope to learn a ton of things more!
Old Fri Sep 19, 2003, 12:37pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Would this be the pot calling the kettle black?

Have you ever told us why you're the rainmaker, short of being a John Grisham fan?
Old Fri Sep 19, 2003, 12:57pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Quote:
Originally posted by BktBallRef
Have you ever told us why you're the rainmaker, short of being a John Grisham fan?
It might have more to do with geography and meterology than with literature.
Old Fri Sep 19, 2003, 01:25pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Quote:
Originally posted by BktBallRef

It's because of the high arc on her 3-pointers.
Old Fri Sep 19, 2003, 02:38pm
Official Forum Member

Actually, I did tell when I was first on this board, but I can't go back and find the thread now.

I just happened to decide to sign up here the day after a coach said to me, "Just don't rain on my parade." I think he meant that he was expecting to win, and if he didn't it would be my fault. So I figured that "rainmaker" would be my role in a lot of coaches eyes.

Besides all the zebra and stripes and basketball things I could think of were taken.

I've stuck with it because I kind of like the nickname "Rain". Reminds me of a character on Star Trek, and sounds sort of cool. Lots better than Juules!

PS I'm not a John Grisham fan. But I love Scott Turow.
Old Fri Sep 19, 2003, 03:48pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Quote:
I've stuck with it because I kind of like the nickname "Rain". Reminds me of a character on Star Trek, and sounds sort of cool. Lots better than Juules!
I can't think of the character to whom you allude. Got a hint? I always call you Juules. I kinda like it, but I guess I can come up with something better.
Old Fri Sep 19, 2003, 04:05pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckElias
I can't think of the character to whom you allude. Got a hint?
It must be one of those guys in the red shirt. You know, the ones that always get killed by the aliens each episode.
Old Fri Sep 19, 2003, 04:08pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckElias
Quote:
I can't think of the character to whom you allude. Got a hint? I always call you Juules. I kinda like it, but I guess I can come up with something better.
My dad has called me Juules since day one, and I'm kind of used to it, but I like Rain better.

The character was only in two epsodes, of Voyager, when Ed Begley (the actor) had a time machine that was going to ruin everything and they had to find it and try to stop him. Rain was this sort of hippie-type who got one kiss with Tom Paris, and called Tuvok a "freak-a-saurus". She drove them out to a rendezvous point in an old VW van. I don't remember much else, except that I liked her, and I liked her name.

Wow, is this off topic, or what!?!