The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Dumb Question (how to use Forum)...wait, education...no dumb Qs (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/10114-dumb-question-how-use-forum-wait-education-no-dumb-qs.html)

Luv4Asian8 Fri Sep 19, 2003 10:38am

ok, new to the board..so how do i reply to a specfic comment? for example, i see that people can "quote" a specific clause in bold and reply.

Thanks

Dan_ref Fri Sep 19, 2003 10:53am

Quote:

Originally posted by Luv4Asian8
ok, new to the board..so how do i reply to a specfic comment? for example, i see that people can "quote" a specific clause in bold and reply.

Thanks

Notice the little tab below what you are reading right now
that says "quote"?

Luv4Asian8 Fri Sep 19, 2003 11:04am

Quote:

Originally posted by Dan_ref
Quote:

Thanks

Notice the little tab below what you are reading right now
that says "quote"?

Ahh yes, thx!

rainmaker Fri Sep 19, 2003 11:08am

There is another rule around here that I'll need to invoke, which is that you should at some point explain your screen name. Names like BktBallRef and Dan_Ref are fairly self-explanatory, but yours eludes me. (I hope I'm not the only one).

Back In The Saddle Fri Sep 19, 2003 11:59am

Quote:

Originally posted by rainmaker
There is another rule around here that I'll need to invoke, which is that you should at some point explain your screen name. Names like BktBallRef and Dan_Ref are fairly self-explanatory, but yours eludes me. (I hope I'm not the only one).
I'll second that, it eludes me as well. :)

Luv4Asian8 Fri Sep 19, 2003 12:02pm

Quote:

Haha, fair enough. It's a SN I had since jr. high with AOL chat rooms, etc. y'know how us kids were during that self-expression period. Now, I just dont think i can remember too many passwords or SNs. i sometimes uses WaNNaBeRaCeR, as you can tell, when i started driving. Now, prolly too old (no not really) to make up names...haha! (^_~)

Back In The Saddle Fri Sep 19, 2003 12:26pm

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Luv4Asian8
Quote:

Haha, fair enough. It's a SN I had since jr. high with AOL chat rooms, etc. y'know how us kids were during that self-expression period. Now, I just dont think i can remember too many passwords or SNs. i sometimes uses WaNNaBeRaCeR, as you can tell, when i started driving. Now, prolly too old (no not really) to make up names...haha! (^_~)
You wouldn't have combined a period of "substance exploration" with your period of self-expression, would you? ;)

Welcome to the forum and to reffing. You'll find this is a great place to learn and improve.

Luv4Asian8 Fri Sep 19, 2003 12:31pm

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Back In The Saddle
Quote:

Quote:

You wouldn't have combined a period of "substance exploration" with your period of self-expression, would you? ;)

Welcome to the forum and to reffing. You'll find this is a great place to learn and improve.
haha no no...nuttin like that...thanks, i have already learned a ton of things here so far, and hope to learn a ton of things more! :)

BktBallRef Fri Sep 19, 2003 12:37pm

Quote:

Would this be the pot calling the kettle black? :D

Have you ever told us why you're the rainmaker, short of being a John Grisham fan?

ChuckElias Fri Sep 19, 2003 12:57pm

Quote:

Originally posted by BktBallRef
Have you ever told us why you're the rainmaker, short of being a John Grisham fan?
It might have more to do with geography and meterology than with literature.

Mark Padgett Fri Sep 19, 2003 01:25pm

Quote:

Originally posted by BktBallRef

It's because of the high arc on her 3-pointers.

rainmaker Fri Sep 19, 2003 02:38pm

Actually, I did tell when I was first on this board, but I can't go back and find the thread now.

I just happened to decide to sign up here the day after a coach said to me, "Just don't rain on my parade." I think he meant that he was expecting to win, and if he didn't it would be my fault. So I figured that "rainmaker" would be my role in a lot of coaches eyes.

Besides all the zebra and stripes and basketball things I could think of were taken.

I've stuck with it because I kind of like the nickname "Rain". Reminds me of a character on Star Trek, and sounds sort of cool. Lots better than Juules!

PS I'm not a John Grisham fan. But I love Scott Turow.

ChuckElias Fri Sep 19, 2003 03:48pm

Quote:

I've stuck with it because I kind of like the nickname "Rain". Reminds me of a character on Star Trek, and sounds sort of cool. Lots better than Juules!
I can't think of the character to whom you allude. Got a hint? I always call you Juules. I kinda like it, but I guess I can come up with something better.

Mark Padgett Fri Sep 19, 2003 04:05pm

Quote:

Originally posted by ChuckElias
I can't think of the character to whom you allude. Got a hint?
It must be one of those guys in the red shirt. You know, the ones that always get killed by the aliens each episode.

rainmaker Fri Sep 19, 2003 04:08pm

Quote:

Originally posted by ChuckElias
Quote:

I can't think of the character to whom you allude. Got a hint? I always call you Juules. I kinda like it, but I guess I can come up with something better.

My dad has called me Juules since day one, and I'm kind of used to it, but I like Rain better.

The character was only in two epsodes, of Voyager, when Ed Begley (the actor) had a time machine that was going to ruin everything and they had to find it and try to stop him. Rain was this sort of hippie-type who got one kiss with Tom Paris, and called Tuvok a "freak-a-saurus". She drove them out to a rendezvous point in an old VW van. I don't remember much else, except that I liked her, and I liked her name.

Wow, is this off topic, or what!?!