The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Mar 16, 2016, 09:54pm
Official Forum Member

Tulsa/Michigan Rotation and PC foul

About the 11:35-11:27 mark in the second half, the crew looked like it messed up a rotation and then there was a close PC foul at the other end that would be a good play for discussion.
Old Wed Mar 16, 2016, 09:58pm
Courageous When Prudent

Rotation wasn't missed. Old Trail bailed out on a Michigan jumper, Michigan got the offensive rebound, and the Lead rotated. Old Trail was running to get down to the C from the backcourt when Tulsa stole the ball. The New Lead broke down the court and the New C did also and motioned to the New Lead that he was aware of the rotation. New Lead hustled into position for Tulsa's fast break and properly called a PC foul on Tulsa.
Old Tue Mar 22, 2016, 08:02pm
Do not give a damn!!

Here you go.

Peace
Old Wed Mar 23, 2016, 09:16am
Official Forum Member

Good job by the new lead to get back even though he was actually the C. If anything this is a good example of 'go if you are going' when flexing. Stopping mid-lane and changing your mind mid-shot typically never ends well. I've always been told if you are in the process of flexing when a shot goes up, go ahead and complete the flex. And in general, when you flex, flex like you mean it and don't walk-flex. I've had partners that do the slow flex and it is distracting to me since I end up having to watch them out of the corner of my eye trying to decide if I need to say or go.
Old Wed Mar 23, 2016, 10:09am
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballgame99 View Post
Good job by the new lead to get back even though he was actually the C. If anything this is a good example of 'go if you are going' when flexing. Stopping mid-lane and changing your mind mid-shot typically never ends well. I've always been told if you are in the process of flexing when a shot goes up, go ahead and complete the flex. And in general, when you flex, flex like you mean it and don't walk-flex. I've had partners that do the slow flex and it is distracting to me since I end up having to watch them out of the corner of my eye trying to decide if I need to say or go.
The Lead had already rotated. He screwed up by going back once he had already rotated. I've always been taught to go back if there is an immediate drive or shot attempt and you haven't crossed the midway point.
Old Wed Mar 23, 2016, 11:42am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsRef View Post
The Lead had already rotated. He screwed up by going back once he had already rotated. I've always been taught to go back if there is an immediate drive or shot attempt and you haven't crossed the midway point.
We teach or it is taught that if you have not gone past the lane line, then you have not completed the rotation. I am sure that is sometimes talked about by these guys or their conferences. But it seems that the Center must have seen the rotation and sprinted to the Lead. But that being said, it did not seem like a problem based on the video.

Peace
Old Wed Mar 23, 2016, 12:21pm
Stubborn Member

Good work and communication by the crew. At least when it comes to the new lead and new center.

The old lead/new trail made a mistake by not sticking with his rotation, but the other two officials did a great job of picking him up and getting down the court. It was made even better by being in position to make the right call.
Old Wed Mar 23, 2016, 01:21pm
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanV21 View Post
Good work and communication by the crew. At least when it comes to the new lead and new center.

The old lead/new trail made a mistake by not sticking with his rotation, but the other two officials did a great job of picking him up and getting down the court. It was made even better by being in position to make the right call.
The official who got down to the new lead was Kipp Kissinger, the official whose praises I've been singing during the tournament.

He and Isaac Barnett (justacoach's son) in the D-League are the only two officials I stop to watch when I see them on TV.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk