The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   DOGs - Rondo = Two T's (video) (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/101010-dogs-rondo-two-ts-video.html)

grunewar Tue Mar 01, 2016 04:59am

DOGs - Rondo = Two T's (video)

Who knows what he was thinking......

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/blogs/n...053540234.html

frezer11 Tue Mar 01, 2016 09:06am

What was the 2nd one for? The first was obviously the refusal to take the ball thing. By the way, in NFHS, after I hand him the ball and he watches it bounce away in bounds, I'm waiting for someone to touch it to start the clock, and as soon as Rondo does, I'm calling a violation and going the other way. But I couldn't tell from video what the 2nd T was for, it looked like he took the ball that time?

UNIgiantslayers Tue Mar 01, 2016 09:16am

Boogie Cousins as the voice of reason... Now I've seen everything.

Blindolbat Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:23am

Quote:

Originally Posted by frezer11 (Post 982904)
What was the 2nd one for? The first was obviously the refusal to take the ball thing. By the way, in NFHS, after I hand him the ball and he watches it bounce away in bounds, I'm waiting for someone to touch it to start the clock, and as soon as Rondo does, I'm calling a violation and going the other way. But I couldn't tell from video what the 2nd T was for, it looked like he took the ball that time?

Rondo was standing on the floor and the official had to push him out of bounds to take the ball. The official opposite side saw that and called the 2nd.

frezer11 Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:47am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blindolbat (Post 982906)
Rondo was standing on the floor and the official had to push him out of bounds to take the ball. The official opposite side saw that and called the 2nd.

I thought maybe that's what it was for, just seemed odd that the opposite official would take that from right in front of the T administering.

Adam Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:56am

Quote:

Originally Posted by frezer11 (Post 982917)
I thought maybe that's what it was for, just seemed odd that the opposite official would take that from right in front of the T administering.

It did look odd, wonder what that conversation was like at halftime.

Dad Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:59am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam (Post 982919)
It did look odd, wonder what that conversation was like at halftime.

Someone else, maybe it was interesting. Rondo is pretty good at making officials not like him.

Camron Rust Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:20pm

To be fair, that first bounce to him was horrible. It went to the person in the front row behind him and never even got anywhere near him. The 2nd attempt wasn't much better.

twocentsworth Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:26pm

What a "punk" move by the C - calling the 2nd DOG T from 45ft across the court. Rondo picked it up after 1 bounce and was ready to throw it in...a good example of an official letting his personal frustration get involved in creating a problem that didn't exist.

Adam Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:31pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by twocentsworth (Post 982927)
What a "punk" move by the C - calling the 2nd DOG T from 45ft across the court. Rondo picked it up after 1 bounce and was ready to throw it in...a good example of an official letting his personal frustration get involved in creating a problem that didn't exist.

And there he is.

Adam Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:32pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camron Rust (Post 982923)
To be fair, that first bounce to him was horrible. It went to the person in the front row behind him and never even got anywhere near him. The 2nd attempt wasn't much better.

When you expect the player to reach and grab the ball, you don't always make pinpoint passes.

A Pennsylvania Coach Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:59pm

Quote:

I believe he thought he was helping his partner but not having him call it twice in a row, much the way we like our partner to call the 2nd T on a coach.

deecee Tue Mar 01, 2016 01:30pm

Quote:

Was curious when you were going to rear your head again. Welcome back and thank you for your, as always, insightful commentary.

Camron Rust Tue Mar 01, 2016 04:30pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam (Post 982930)
When you expect the player to reach and grab the ball, you don't always make pinpoint passes.

Look at where that went...it wasn't even close.

NNJOfficial Tue Mar 01, 2016 06:06pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camron Rust (Post 982958)
Look at where that went...it wasn't even close.

I agree. The official makes a bad bounce and should have bounced it to him properly the second time instead of just sticking it in his gut when Rondo was looking away. Completely avoidable situation if the official simply says "my bad" and gives him the ball properly.