The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   End of the Year - What do you do to wrap up? (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/101006-end-year-what-do-you-do-wrap-up.html)

packersowner Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:03pm

End of the Year - What do you do to wrap up?

Final game tomorrow......got me to thinking what everyone else does when their season is over.

For me:

1. Take shirts and pants to dry cleaners (I like putting my shirts and pants away in the closet in those plastic bags)

2. Double check mileage log and ensure I have been paid for all games

3. Update pre-game notes

4. Fill out my March Madness Bracket

Multiple Sports Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:50pm

Start writing checks for camps..... $$$$$$

Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:56pm

MTD, Jr., and I spend The Univ. of Toledo's Spring Break in Florida umpiring women's college softball before returning to home to officiate in the Ohio Special Olympics Basketball State Finals.

MTD, Sr.

biggravy Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:10am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Multiple Sports (Post 982884)

This plus I book our spring break trip to reward my wife for the last 3 months of being a basketball widow. Then we get back and start baseball.

grunewar Tue Mar 01, 2016 05:02am

1) Our Officials Association has a banquet in Apr

2) A bunch of Rec Officials go to the bar after "Championship Weekend" in two weeks and celebrate the end of the season.

3) Catch up on my "honey do" list and decide what to do with my free evenings! :eek:

Raymond Tue Mar 01, 2016 07:04am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Multiple Sports (Post 982884)

I have the important one sitting in an envelope waiting for the mailbox. Send me a PM about the CCAC.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Dad Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:45am

My steps suck.

1) Get ready for camps, traveling, passport.

2) Just kidding. Have to go through PT for 5-12 months for injuries. At least I was told I'll be very near 100% by 6 months and will be able to play seriously again.

3) Be depressed.

4) ????

5) Looking forward to next season, at least I'll be in great shape. Just annoying I've followed all my goals/steps so far and this put a giant hold on everything.

LRZ Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:48pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by packersowner (Post 982881)
3. Update pre-game notes

What does this mean?

jTheUmp Tue Mar 01, 2016 03:04pm

I'm assuming it's his running list of "things to make sure we cover in the pregame conversation". Makes sense to me... I don't personally have a written list, but I probably should.

Basically, I put all my basketball gear away, get out my baseball and football gear (spring practices/scrimmages at the various local colleges, plus a clinic in early April), start working on my baseball rules test, and make a note of what gear I'll need to buy for next season (2 pairs of pants, at least one shirt, 2 new whistles).

Maybe this year I'll even get to a summer clinic... that's been on the list for a few years now.

Mark Padgett Tue Mar 01, 2016 03:51pm

I've been "retired" for a while, but I had a specific thing I would do at the end of each season. I would take my list of Hot Moms phone numbers and sell them on ebay. Usually I'd make enough money to buy a new whistle. :p

Dad Tue Mar 01, 2016 03:58pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Padgett (Post 982953)
I've been "retired" for a while, but I had a specific thing I would do at the end of each season. I would take my list of Hot Moms phone numbers and sell them on ebay. Usually I'd make enough money to buy a new whistle. :p

A whistle? Are you sure you're not confusing hot moms with ugly ones?