The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Sep 15, 2003, 07:26pm
Official Forum Member

After many years, I have finally convinced my partner to wear beltless pants. We always wore belts because has large thighs and need to buy bigger waisted pants. (In WI we are contracted to do the games with the same person most of the time and I feel it is important to dress as much alike as possible)

Anyway, I assume most people are now wearing the pleated pants?? Does anyone have any advice for buying beltless pants? My partner is scared to daeth his pants are going to fall while he is running!!

Thanks in advance...Mark
Old Mon Sep 15, 2003, 07:38pm
In Memoriam

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally posted by mj
After many years, I have finally convinced my partner to wear beltless pants. We always wore belts because has large thighs and need to buy bigger waisted pants. (In WI we are contracted to do the games with the same person most of the time and I feel it is important to dress as much alike as possible)

Anyway, I assume most people are now wearing the pleated pants?? Does anyone have any advice for buying beltless pants? My partner is scared to daeth his pants are going to fall while he is running!!

Thanks in advance...Mark
mj,
"Athletic Cut" pants are designed to have more room in the butt and thigh. Has your partner ever tried 'em?
They are similar to the difference between umpire's plate pants and base pants, if that helps.
mick
Old Mon Sep 15, 2003, 07:57pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by mj
Have him take the pants to a tailor who can fit him in the waist properly.

Also, wear a Flexi-belt. it'll keep the shirt tail in and the slacks up.

He won't have any problems and he'll love the slacks.
Old Mon Sep 15, 2003, 08:53pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally posted by mj

Thanks in advance...Mark
The pleated pants are not any more common among the officials I know as the regular Sansabelt beltless type pants. At least around the guys I know, unless you do some college. Then everyone seems to wear those type of pants.

But the best advice is to talk to the company you are getting them from. They can tell you if they run big or small. Different companies fit differently, so you have to be careful. I think the Sansabelt brand is the best and the most durable. But whatever you get, you might want to have them altered a bit in the waist. You will just have to see what works and try not to gain any weight.

Peace
Old Tue Sep 16, 2003, 09:13am
Official Forum Member

Speaking of those flex-belts...I have never worn one. Do they really work?

Mark
Old Tue Sep 16, 2003, 10:08am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally posted by mj
Speaking of those flex-belts...I have never worn one. Do they really work?

Mark
Mark,
Sure they work! That's why they sell 'em.
Fat officials may have trouble with them "rolling".
Thin and average officials will have no problems with shirt down and pants up.
I know, I have worn a flex belt 18# apart.
mick
Old Wed Sep 17, 2003, 04:21pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Luv4Asian8 Send a message via Yahoo to Luv4Asian8
Talking

Yes, I like the Sansabelt pants best!
Old Wed Sep 17, 2003, 09:27pm
Official Forum Member

I had the same problem as your partner, but the athletic cut is a lifesaver. Best fitting pants i've ever owned. I wear the Honigs brand, i have 1 pair with pleats and 1 without, excellent pants, that wear really well.

Someone must've asked this before, but why do they call it athletic cut, because in order to need it you mustn't be very athletic?

Old Thu Sep 18, 2003, 07:01am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ref18

Someone must've asked this before, but why do they call it athletic cut, because in order to need it you mustn't be very athletic?

[/B]
Au Contraire. On athletic people, the waist is slimmer and their rear end is large because it is made of muscle, not Nachos and Beer like Dan's (Sorry, Dan, but it seemed the thing to do this week)

Does anybody remember the name of the fullback who used to be in the backfield with Tony Dorsett on the Cowboys? He was reported to have 44 inch thighs. Gee, I guess he wore athletic cut.
Old Thu Sep 18, 2003, 08:41am
Official Forum Member

Does anybody remember the name of the fullback who used to be in the backfield with Tony Dorsett on the Cowboys? He was reported to have 44 inch thighs. Gee, I guess he wore athletic cut. [/B][/QUOTE]

Robert Newhouse??

Old Thu Sep 18, 2003, 09:03pm
Official Forum Member

I like the pleated Sans-a-belts. They fit nicely and they look good. If for some reason you had to wear them in a office, they wouldn't stand out like a sore thumb.
Old Thu Sep 18, 2003, 09:51pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally posted by Barry C. Morris
Quote:

Au Contraire. On athletic people, the waist is slimmer and their rear end is large because it is made of muscle, not Nachos and Beer like Dan's (Sorry, Dan, but it seemed the thing to do this week)

Does anybody remember the name of the fullback who used to be in the backfield with Tony Dorsett on the Cowboys? He was reported to have 44 inch thighs. Gee, I guess he wore athletic cut. [/B]
yeah yeah everybody's a comedian...too bad that storm didn't track more to the west...

btw pleats are the way to go
Old Sat Sep 20, 2003, 10:10pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Barry C. Morris
Quote:

Does anybody remember the name of the fullback who used to be in the backfield with Tony Dorsett on the Cowboys? He was reported to have 44 inch thighs. Gee, I guess he wore athletic cut. [/B]

Are you talking about Earl Campbell? But I don't think that he played for the Cowboys.
Old Sat Sep 20, 2003, 10:47pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally posted by oatmealqueen

Are you talking about Earl Campbell? But I don't think that he played for the Cowboys.
No, Robert Newhouse. He was the Fullback in Dallas while Tony Dorsett was there. His number by the way was #44. He had huge thighs. But Earl Campbell could fall into that category. But he played in Houston with the Oilers.

Peace
Old Mon Sep 22, 2003, 06:46am
Official Forum Member

Thanks, mj and Rut. I couldn't remember his name for the life of me but I did remember his number. Man, that must have been like a Mack truck headed at you.