The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Feb 10, 2016, 10:01pm
Official Forum Member

NCAAM: OOB Monitor Review?

Watching end of 1OT Providence @ Marquette (2/10/16, CBS Sports Network if anyone wants to try and find a clip, but I don't think a video is that important here).

Issue is this. Score 81-81, M1 driving the lane closing seconds, gets contacted on the arm up high on a shot, but no call and ball goes OOB off M1 just as time expires. M coach loses his mind, but no T, and to be honest who wouldn't give the coach a lot of rope in that situation?

However, the coaches' reactions and the officials attention to them may have clouded over an opportunity for Providence. When I slow motioned the replay on my DVR, the game clock showed 0.3 when the ball struck the floor OOB. Could or should that have been reviewed, with Providence given a backcourt throw-in with 0.3?

Granted the odds of a tap when 94 feet away are like winning the lottery, but....
Old Wed Feb 10, 2016, 10:20pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crosscountry55 View Post
However, the coaches' reactions and the officials attention to them may have clouded over an opportunity for Providence. When I slow motioned the replay on my DVR, the game clock showed 0.3 when the ball struck the floor OOB. Could or should that have been reviewed, with Providence given a backcourt throw-in with 0.3?

Granted the odds of a tap when 94 feet away are like winning the lottery, but....
No way I want a throw in with 0.3 seconds left in my back court of a tied game.

What would have been interesting scenario, Marquette Coach gets T, and then monitor review and they put 0.3 back on the clock.
Old Wed Feb 10, 2016, 10:49pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeBallanfant View Post
What would have been interesting scenario, Marquette Coach gets T, and then monitor review and they put 0.3 back on the clock.
Ha! Yeah, I thought about that, too.