The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Louisville @ Duke - Video Reviews (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/100851-louisville-duke-video-reviews.html)

JRutledge Tue Feb 09, 2016 01:11am

Louisville @ Duke - Video Reviews

Illegal Screen play in this game.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/0Knxvi3NzNY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Peace

MechanicGuy Tue Feb 09, 2016 01:17am

I don't believe 32B gave 3W a step.....but it looks like 3W does see it coming and almost turns his body to make it seem further out of his field of vision that it actually was.

Still think its a good call though.

Nevadaref Tue Feb 09, 2016 01:20am

Are you attempting to make some point with this video post?

JRutledge Tue Feb 09, 2016 01:30am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nevadaref (Post 980141)

No. It is a basic play we all have to see and potentially call. When I post things I post them for discussion purposes, not to drive and agenda like some people.

It was just a play I found interesting. Discuss away.

Peace

JRutledge Tue Feb 09, 2016 01:52am

Flagrant Foul 1 Review

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/QozgtO2xtD8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Peace

BillyMac Tue Feb 09, 2016 07:12am

Let's Go To The Videotape ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nevadaref (Post 980141)

JRutledge is a recent addition to the list of Forum members who post videos. Let's just sit back, observe, analyze, learn, discuss, and enjoy. I don't have the ability, nor do I have the time, to post such videos, so I appreciate those that do.

Nevadaref Tue Feb 09, 2016 09:39am

The tripping is SO blatant. You have to love the official who is standing right there, yet never bothers to look down at the player on the floor. Where does he think contac might occur--on the dribbler's head? :(

#olderthanilook Tue Feb 09, 2016 09:55am

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillyMac (Post 980147)
JRutledge is a recent addition to the list of Forum members who post videos. Let's just sit back, observe, analyze, learn, discuss, and enjoy. I don't have the ability, nor do I have the time, to post such videos, so I appreciate those that do.

+1

Thanks, Rut, JetMet and others for the vids. The ensuing discussion is fantastic too.

BryanV21 Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:10am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nevadaref (Post 980162)
The tripping is SO blatant. You have to love the official who is standing right there, yet never bothers to look down at the player on the floor. Where does he think contac might occur--on the dribbler's head? :(

(sarcasm on)

This play is indicative of a huge problem with all officials at the collegiate level. They do not care about the safety of the players. This fool should be looking at the player down on the court to at least make sure he's okay after such a fall. On top of that, he should look there as the dribbler is running near the player down on the court.

College officials are awful.

(sarcasm off)

Adam Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:19am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nevadaref (Post 980162)

I was thinking the same thing. A reminder for us to look where the contact is likely to occur.

Anyone else tossing this kid in a high school game?

jTheUmp Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:25am

NFHS: IPF at minimum... I probably wouldn't go flagrant, but I wouldn't try to talk a partner out of a flagrant either.

bballref3966 Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:43am

Duke gets all the calls. :D

Dad Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:08pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam (Post 980180)
I was thinking the same thing. A reminder for us to look where the contact is likely to occur.

Yup. I use almost the same reasoning when I call a flagrant on dunks/layups when the defense comes from behind and takes out the players legs. No excuse for plays that have a high probability of injuring players.

Seeya~

Geof Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:14pm

I agree, thanks to all who post videos!

Question about how a slightly different situation would be handled at the NCAA level: White trips black and there is no call (same as before), but the ball bounces to another black player who goes down and scores. At this point, play is stopped to review the trip. How is this play adjudicated?

VaTerp Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:15pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam (Post 980180)

I'm just going intentional unless there has been other issues with this player/team.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bballref3966 (Post 980188)
Duke gets all the calls. :D

I'm admittedly biased as someone who grew up a UNC fan and then graduated from Maryland but I know College supervisors who still reference the 2001 UMD/Duke Final 4 game as one of the worst officiated games in recent memory. Duke did "get all the calls" in that game. It was rather pathetic actually.