The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   IHSAA Ends Season For Two Girls Teams (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/100715-ihsaa-ends-season-two-girls-teams.html)

RefsNCoaches Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:07am

IHSAA Ends Season For Two Girls Teams

The IHSAA ended the seasons for two of Indianapolis' larger schools due to a brawl this past weekend during a Varsity Girls contest. Will be interesting to see if they go to court to see if they can get a ruling to over turn it because the same thing happened with two boys teams last season.

IHSAA cancels Pike, Ben Davis girls basketball seasons due to fi - 13 WTHR Indianapolis

Adam Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:11am

Quote:

Originally Posted by RefsNCoaches (Post 977128)
The IHSAA ended the seasons for two of Indianapolis' larger schools due to a brawl this past weekend during a Varsity Girls contest. Will be interesting to see if they go to court to see if they can get a ruling to over turn it because the same thing happened with two boys teams last season.

IHSAA cancels Pike, Ben Davis girls basketball seasons due to fi - 13 WTHR Indianapolis

What may look like disparate treatment may well just be the fact that the IHSAA thinks all teams should have learned from last year's events.

Altor Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:52am

It's not disparate treatment on the part of the IHSAA. They canceled the seasons for the two boys' teams as well. It took a judge to undo that.

Adam Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:58am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Altor (Post 977148)
It's not disparate treatment on the part of the IHSAA. They canceled the seasons for the two boys' teams as well. It took a judge to undo that.

gotcha, I misunderstood.

RefsNCoaches Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:08pm

Yes, the boys teams were suspended too...went to court and got an injunction allowing them to continue play and one of the teams made it to 3A finals, I believe.

I think the punishment is fitting. Sucks for some of the kids that were not involved but I understand the decision.

bballref3966 Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:17pm

I'm just waiting for one of the fanboys to come along with the "those poor kids who didn't do anything wrong" argument.

j51969 Tue Jan 19, 2016 04:57pm

What a mess.

Can't say its surprising. I grew up on the East Side, so I have no love loss for the westsiders. Only thing that would have made this better is if it was Carmel HS. We hated them more.......

twocentsworth Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:07am

Why am I NOT surprised that the article refers to the game being "very physical"?...99% of problems occur in a basketball game from the officials NOT blowing the whistle enough.

SC Official Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:08am

Quote:

Originally Posted by twocentsworth (Post 977232)
Why am I NOT surprised that the article refers to the game being "very physical"?...99% of problems occur in a basketball game from the officials NOT blowing the whistle enough.

Here we go again.

Why am I NOT surprised you showed up?

Adam Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:19am

Quote:

Hyperbole much? Good grief.

Altor Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:31am

Why did you ignore the rest of the quote?

"It was a physical game, a lot of fouls were called," Cox said. "I think our contest officials did everything in their power to keep that game under control. The coaches did as well."

Nevadaref Wed Jan 20, 2016 02:20am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Altor (Post 977236)
Why did you ignore the rest of the quote?

"It was a physical game, a lot of fouls were called," Cox said. "I think our contest officials did everything in their power to keep that game under control. The coaches did as well."

Yet the first player seen in the video kicking someone who is on the ground is wearing #6. :p

Camron Rust Wed Jan 20, 2016 04:03am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nevadaref (Post 977238)
Yet the first player seen in the video kicking someone who is on the ground is wearing #6. :p

And?

BillyMac Wed Jan 20, 2016 07:26am

Havlicek Stole The Ball! It's All Over ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nevadaref (Post 977238)
Yet the first player seen in the video kicking someone who is on the ground is wearing #6.

Why is Bill Russell playing in a girls high school game?

Raymond Wed Jan 20, 2016 09:23am

Quote:

Who said the officials weren't blowing their whistles?