The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Middle School Brawl(link to video included) (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/100699-middle-school-brawl-link-video-included.html)

WhistlesAndStripes Sun Jan 17, 2016 02:19am

Middle School Brawl(link to video included)

A brawl broke out at a middle school game in Kentucky after a coach was issued a Technical foul and then sent his team off the floor. One of the main aggressors was a local magistrate.

Here's the link to the story that includes video.

Nevadaref Sun Jan 17, 2016 06:04am

So sad that's it comical.

What is this a Summer league contest?--The officials are in shorts.

AremRed Sun Jan 17, 2016 06:13am

That dude in the white hoodie got in some good ones! GG game management.

tnolan Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:02am

ugh....why?....

i love the post in the comments section blaming the area officials. almost a staple in every video comments when this happens.

yep. grown-ass adults acting like complete animals...punching, kicking, tackling, cheering on fights, etc... definitely the officials' fault.

RedAndWhiteRef Sun Jan 17, 2016 02:42pm

That is one hella nice gym for a middle school. Are those chairback seats?

Dad Sun Jan 17, 2016 03:24pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by tnolan (Post 976857)
ugh....why?....

i love the post in the comments section blaming the area officials. almost a staple in every video comments when this happens.

yep. grown-ass adults acting like complete animals...punching, kicking, tackling, cheering on fights, etc... definitely the officials' fault.

I wasn't aware of animals acting this stupid. ;)

tnolan Sun Jan 17, 2016 05:19pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dad (Post 976880)
I wasn't aware of animals acting this stupid. ;)

You're right. Probably giving them too much credit...

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

bballref3966 Sun Jan 17, 2016 05:38pm

First thing I noticed is the referees wearing shorts.

ODog Sun Jan 17, 2016 07:12pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by bballref3966 (Post 976901)
First thing I noticed is the referees wearing shorts.

NOTHING excuses the behavior of the coaches and fans. NOTHING. You could have an NBA crew working the game and this would still have been a possibility, sadly.

But these two are definitely fake refs. The shorts are one thing, but the smaller official working with his shirt almost entirely untucked is a dead giveaway.

You CANNOT use fake refs these days. It just can't happen. Sports in our society are enough of a powder keg already (again, sadly) without throwing that wrench into the mix.

SNIPERBBB Sun Jan 17, 2016 07:37pm

It'd have to be club ball. Kentucky plays ms ball in the fall.

Altor Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:33pm

How sad is it that the children in the video were adult enough to leave the room when the adults decided to behave like children?

bballref3966 Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:45pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by ODog (Post 976911)
NOTHING excuses the behavior of the coaches and fans. NOTHING. You could have an NBA crew working the game and this would still have been a possibility, sadly.

I never ever even suggested that it did. Merely said the shorts were the first thing I noticed.

BillyMac Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:31pm

Kick ???

Quote:

Originally Posted by ODog (Post 976911)
NOTHING excuses the behavior of the coaches and fans. NOTHING.

Agree.

It had nothing to do with the cause of the fight, or the start of the fight, but is it excusable for the official to try to kick a fight participant when he was down, even after being attacked by said participant, instead of just retreating to the locker room? I don't believe that the official was defending himself at that specific instant, he was just pissed off.

But maybe you had to be there? I've never been involved in a fight like this. Nothing even close. Who knows? Maybe I'd retaliate by kicking the crap out of somebody that attacked me? On second thought, I would probably be cowering in the locker room.

#olderthanilook Mon Jan 18, 2016 01:34am

When did this happen? Why are the officials wearing shorts and white socks?

I hear a lot of things about today's youth, but to their credit, the youth in that video handled themselves extremely well.

And, was that an official that kicked a dude in the head near the end of the vid?

Holy smokes....what a train wreck.

Refhoop Mon Jan 18, 2016 01:56am

They're all clowns: coaches, fans, officials and host management.
Can't imagine how pissed I'd be as a player or parent.
Someone tell bubba to pull up his pants...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk