The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   (Video Request) Troy at Seton Hall (FS1) (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/100482-video-request-troy-seton-hall-fs1.html)

JRutledge Thu Dec 10, 2015 09:41pm

(Video Request) Troy at Seton Hall (FS1)

Second Half 7:36.

They have a regular foul called on a Troy player and a dead ball foul by a Seton Hall player.

It looks like they did this properly in order giving the ball to Troy after a the T.

Good teaching point.

Peace

BigCat Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:48pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRutledge (Post 972462)
Second Half 7:36.

They have a regular foul called on a Troy player and a dead ball foul by a Seton Hall player.

It looks like they did this properly in order giving the ball to Troy after a the T.

Good teaching point.

Peace

What was the dead ball foul? Mouthing or something more?

JRutledge Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:57pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCat (Post 972470)
What was the dead ball foul? Mouthing or something more?

It was a dead ball contact foul.

The Troy player swiped at the ball and inadvertently hit the SH player in the face. The SH player then reacted and gave the Troy player a shove to the floor.

Peace

BigCat Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:13pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRutledge (Post 972471)
It was a dead ball contact foul.

The Troy player swiped at the ball and inadvertently hit the SH player in the face. The SH player then reacted and gave the Troy player a shove to the floor.

Peace

Sounds correct if they penalized Troy player and then penalized SH by giving troy two shots and ball at division line for dead ball contact T.

Camron Rust Fri Dec 11, 2015 02:47am

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCat (Post 972473)
Sounds correct if they penalized Troy player and then penalized SH by giving troy two shots and ball at division line for dead ball contact T.

I have not seen the play, so I'm going to what was described above.

The contact from the troy player, if immediately after the whistle and an attempt to play the ball that would had likely started when the ball was live, wouldn't be enough for flagrant 1, and would be nothing. The fact

JRutledge Fri Dec 11, 2015 08:35am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camron Rust (Post 972485)
I have not seen the play, so I'm going to what was described above.

The contact from the troy player, if immediately after the whistle and an attempt to play the ball that would had likely started when the ball was live, wouldn't be enough for flagrant 1, and would be nothing. The fact

The contact by the Troy player was a live ball foul called. It was a regular foul called during the game.

Peace

BigCat Fri Dec 11, 2015 09:29am

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRutledge (Post 972493)
The contact by the Troy player was a live ball foul called. It was a regular foul called during the game.

Peace

That is how I understood what you described. SH then shoves while ball dead.

Camron Rust Fri Dec 11, 2015 01:17pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRutledge (Post 972493)

Peace

OK. I just read it again. I had read it to have been 3 contacts (one live ball somewhere, then one to the face just after the ball was dead, and then the shove), not just the two. Thx.

JRutledge Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:22am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camron Rust (Post 972550)
OK. I just read it again. I had read it to have been 3 contacts (one live ball somewhere, then one to the face just after the ball was dead, and then the shove), not just the two. Thx.

No, it was just two.

Peace

RedKillian Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:44am

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCat (Post 972473)

Isn't Mens College at POI rather than division line for technical fouls?

AremRed Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:45am

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedKillian (Post 972767)

Depends on the type of technical but generally yes.

BigCat Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:46am

Quote:

Flagrant 2 techs and contact dead ball techs are two shots and ball on either side of division line.

SC Official Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:48am

Quote:

Contact dead ball technical fouls result in a division line throw-in to the offended team.