The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   OT - thought this could bring a laugh (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/100421-ot-thought-could-bring-laugh.html)

Mark Padgett Mon Nov 30, 2015 06:44pm

OT - thought this could bring a laugh

With the season gearing up for proceeding full speed, I thought you guys and gals could use a joke to keep in mind for when a game gets tough. Here it is:

Q: How many HS basketball referees does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Three - but in some states, still two. ;)

BillyMac Mon Nov 30, 2015 07:02pm

I Know, We're An Easy Target ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Padgett (Post 971248)
Q: How many HS basketball referees does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Three - but in some states, still two.

Mark Padgett: Please stop taking pot shots at Connecticut. What did Connecticut ever do to you to deserve this treatment?

Nakht Mon Nov 30, 2015 07:06pm

Or some leagues/conferences in Oregon

BlueDevilRef Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:16pm

Lots of conferences in Missouri as well

I wish I had a cool signature

Gutierrez7 Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:10pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillyMac (Post 971255)
Mark Padgett: Please stop taking pot shots at Connecticut. What did Connecticut ever do to you to deserve this treatment?

Thanks Mark. Glad we don't take ourselves to seriously.

Thanks BillyMac for defending the Nutmeg State. Lets see that State welcome sign again. Still makes me laugh....

Mark Padgett Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:38pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillyMac (Post 971255)

Now that pot is legal here in Oregon, I'll probably be taking lots more pot shots.

BTW - at lunch the other day, I ordered Chicken Pot Pie with extra pot. It was delicious. Plus - it made me hungry enough to eat two of them. :)

Nevadaref Tue Dec 01, 2015 06:12am

Padgett, you are amazing!
Btw I have family in Tigard and spent the week there for Thanksgiving. It was wonderful. I have three nieces and nephews who play soccer and basketball there and have seen a number of their games. I was wondering if it would be possible to meet you in person the next time that I'm up there. I saw the Timbers match against Dallas on 11/22. Now they are in MLS Cup! Go Timbers!

Mark Padgett Sat Dec 05, 2015 09:01pm

Hey Nevadaref

I tried to send you a message but your mailbox is full. Sure, we can meet next time you're in Portland. However, it's difficult for me to go out - as you may know by following my posts, I've had heart surgery and live in an assisted living center. You can still come by and we can talk all you want. I'm conveniently located in SW Portland not far at all from Tigard. Just send me a private message if you want to get together.

BTW - I have the reputation here of coming up with a joke every day (except I get weekends off - it's in my contract). I also conduct a trivia activity every Monday night.

grunewar Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:07pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Padgett (Post 971756)
BTW - I have the reputation here of coming up with a joke every day (except I get weekends off - it's in my contract).

So, since this post was posted on Saturday, WE get subject to your leftovers on the weekend? Nice! :p

Hope you're feeling well.