Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Nov 30, 2015, 01:09pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via MSN to swkansasref33
NCAA Women's Pre-Game W/ Officials

Hey Everyone,

I recently moved to a new state and transitioned from working Men's to now working Women's. I am the R on a couple of upcoming games, and I was hoping a few of you could provide me with examples of what you all cover in your pre-game, so that I could beg, borrow and steal to create one of my own. I am looking for more of the higher level thinking stuff, not so much positioning and mechanics.

Thanks!

Last edited by swkansasref33; Mon Nov 30, 2015 at 02:25pm.
Old Mon Nov 30, 2015, 02:01pm
Official Forum Member

How does one make it to this level and not already have something of this nature that would be easy to modify?
Old Mon Nov 30, 2015, 02:34pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whistles & Stripes View Post
How does one make it to this level and not already have something of this nature that would be easy to modify?
Because at the collegiate level the mindset of the women's game is entirely different from that of the men's game.

I totally understand the OP's thinking. And besides, what's wrong with shaking the tree and seeing what kinds of ideas fall out?
Old Mon Nov 30, 2015, 02:41pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whistles & Stripes View Post
Agreed.

What do the teams like to do? What are the coaches like? Is the table competent? What issues have you had with the new rules / mechanics? (the *specifics* of this one will be different between NCAAM and NCAAW) What weird plays have you seen?
Old Mon Nov 30, 2015, 02:41pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swkansasref33 View Post
Hey Everyone,

I recently moved to a new state and transitioned from working Men's to now working Women's. I am the R on a couple of upcoming games, and I was hoping a few of you could provide me with examples of what you all cover in your pre-game, so that I could beg, borrow and steal to create one of my own. I am looking for more of the higher level thinking stuff, not so much positioning and mechanics.

Thanks!
My basic advice would be go through the pregame in the CCA manual given how many rule changes there are this year. You're at least guaranteed not to miss anything.

I'll be glad to PM with you if you'd like.
"The NCAA created this mess, so let them live with it." (JRutledge)
Old Mon Nov 30, 2015, 03:08pm
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob jenkins View Post
Agreed.

What do the teams like to do? What are the coaches like? Is the table competent? What issues have you had with the new rules / mechanics? (the *specifics* of this one will be different between NCAAM and NCAAW) What weird plays have you seen?
Yes, but none of that is different than the areas covered by in a Men's pre-game. jets said it pretty well, cover what's in the manual.

I think he's looking for some specific topics of conversation that would be different than a Men's game.
Old Mon Nov 30, 2015, 08:04pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swkansasref33 View Post
Hey Everyone,

I recently moved to a new state and transitioned from working Men's to now working Women's.
You lost me here.