The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   A 25-year habit is hard to break (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/100313-25-year-habit-hard-break.html)

Scrapper1 Sat Nov 07, 2015 02:03pm

A 25-year habit is hard to break

First college scrimmage this morning.

No closely guarded while dribbling. . . no closely guarded while dribbling. . . no closely guarded while dribbling. . .

Mark Padgett Sat Nov 07, 2015 02:16pm

When you do your first NBA scrimmage.

All contact is allowed...all contact is allowed...all contact is allowed.

JRutledge Sat Nov 07, 2015 03:27pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Padgett (Post 969242)
When you do your first NBA scrimmage.

All contact is allowed...all contact is allowed...all contact is allowed.

They do a better job with contact than we do at all other levels.

Peace

Raymond Sat Nov 07, 2015 04:19pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scrapper1 (Post 969239)
First college scrimmage this morning.

No closely guarded while dribbling. . . no closely guarded while dribbling. . . no closely guarded while dribbling. . .

Not granting that coach a timeout when he pops up while his player is in trouble for me.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

JRutledge Sat Nov 07, 2015 04:24pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadNewsRef (Post 969245)
Not granting that coach a timeout when he pops up while his player is in trouble for me.

I am going to have to print out a pre-game card for myself of what I have to do. My first game is Wednesday.

Peace

BigCat Sat Nov 07, 2015 06:31pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRutledge (Post 969246)
I am going to have to print out a pre-game card for myself of what I have to do. My first game is Wednesday.

Peace

ive had 2 games and each court had two arcs at the basket. a real pain...

johnny d Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:50pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCat (Post 969251)
ive had 2 games and each court had two arcs at the basket. a real pain...

That is going to go away unless and until the women adopt the 4 foot arc. Also, we already have some NAIA schools that have the 4 foot arc, even though it isn't going to be used this season at that level.

BigCat Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:40am

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnny d (Post 969263)
That is going to go away unless and until the women adopt the 4 foot arc. Also, we already have some NAIA schools that have the 4 foot arc, even though it isn't going to be used this season at that level.

Great...im sharp as a marble...i was thinking/hoping those schools just didnt get around to removing the 3 foot arc. yesterday's 4 ft arc was black in navy blue paint. not easy to see....

JRutledge Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:56pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCat (Post 969270)
Great...im sharp as a marble...i was thinking/hoping those schools just didnt get around to removing the 3 foot arc. yesterday's 4 ft arc was black in navy blue paint. not easy to see....

Well there will be two arcs this year at the other levels. Some just jumped the gun before they got confirmation from their level administrators as to what will be used.

Peace

Blindolbat Mon Nov 09, 2015 04:37am

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadNewsRef (Post 969245)

Made that mistake the other day.
Oops.

APG Mon Nov 09, 2015 07:01am

As one new to college officiating, had to catch myself once or twice in my first scrimmage from swinging and showing a 10 second count.

JRutledge Mon Nov 09, 2015 09:07am

Quote:

Originally Posted by APG (Post 969342)
As one new to college officiating, had to catch myself once or twice in my first scrimmage from swinging and showing a 10 second count.

When they got rid of that rule, it took about a half to stop doing this for the most part. It might take me a little longer to not give a count during a closely guarded situation that applied to last year's rule.

Peace