The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Sep 01, 2015, 10:59pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Here's how to treat officials

For many years, I was on the Board for our local kids rec league, besides training many of the refs and also reffing. I left a few years ago when I had my heart surgery. I just checked their website and found this statement regarding treatment of officials. I thought it should be shared with all of you.

It's tigardbasketball.org

"Referees are all certified for their knowledge of the game and ability to officiate. They watch the game and make
calls to the best of their ability. The referee is a symbol of fair play, integrity and sportsmanship – DO NOT
question their judgment or their honesty. There is no room for argument from the players, coaches, or spectators.
Any spectator may be ejected from a game by a TBA Board member or by an official for unsportsmanlike conduct.
The referee’s decisions are final."