The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Baseball (https://forum.officiating.com/baseball/)
-   -   Coaches behavior (https://forum.officiating.com/baseball/97629-coaches-behavior.html)

Ky ref Thu Mar 27, 2014 09:39pm

Coaches behavior

Head coach yells at umpire early in game,fans continue the complaining.Coach gets eject and fan continue to complain.Have been doing sports umpire and referee for along time,coaches need to understand they are part on crowd control .And one of the reason why numbers are down in both sports cause of coaches and crowd behavior.

charliej47 Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:32am

I have told the home HC that he/she is responsible for crowd control, even if they have to call the cops.

I have ejected HCs because they refused to control the crowds.

When the replacement refused also, I have forfeited more than one game because they ran out of coaches.:mad:

I have forfeited one HS game because of coaches.

jicecone Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:40am

Wow, in 30 years I have NEVER dumped a coach for refusing to control the crowds or forfeited any game Ihave officiated in.

Not quite sure this is really a record I would be bragging about.

zm1283 Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:42am

The fans are not the coach's job to handle in FED, NCAA, or professional games. Other tournaments or leagues might have their own rules about this.

bob jenkins Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:53am

Quote:

Originally Posted by zm1283 (Post 929470)
The fans are not the coach's job to handle in FED, NCAA, or professional games. Other tournaments or leagues might have their own rules about this.

Some states might place this obligation on the HS coaches.

nopachunts Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:20am

In Texas HS ball an on-site administrator has to be present at the field. If you have a problem with a fan, fans, or something on the other side of the fence, you notify them and let them take care of the problem.

At most all of the games I have had, the on-site administrator has taken care of issues before they become a problem.

charliej47 Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:36am

Ohio states that the HC is the on-site admin if no one else is available.:D

wvumpire1807 Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:42pm

There problem one, you are working in Ohio and problem 2 is that you do baseball and softball.

Manny A Fri Mar 28, 2014 02:32pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by wvumpire1807 (Post 929503)
...and problem 2 is that you do baseball and softball.

And why, pray tell, is that a problem?

MD Longhorn Fri Mar 28, 2014 02:49pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by wvumpire1807 (Post 929503)
There problem one, you are working in Ohio and problem 2 is that you do baseball and softball.

Nice chip on the shoulder there. Wanna explain what you really mean by this?

Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. Fri Mar 28, 2014 09:54pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by MD Longhorn (Post 929533)
Nice chip on the shoulder there. Wanna explain what you really mean by this?

MD Longhorn:

I think that he was trying to say that he has been umpiring for longer that he ever thought he would be officiating. Just like I refer to "The Ancient Days" in the Basketball Forum.

Regarding the OhioHSAA Bylaws:

Bylaw 3: ADMINISTRATIVE RESPONSIBILITY AND INSTITUTIONAL CONTROL

Section 2: School Representative Must Accompany Team

3-2-1: The principal or representative(s) authorized by the principal, in addition to the coaches, shall be present throughout all varsity football and varsity basketball games. In all other sports, the coach or a person authorized by the Board of Education shall be present throughout the contest.

3-2-2: When a male coach is assigned to a girls team, an adult female (non-high school student) should be present at the contest. When a female coach is assigned to a boys team, an adult male (non-high school student) should be present at the contest.

The requirement to have the Principal or Athletic Director present for Varsity Football and Varsity Basketball games applies to both the Home school and the Visiting school in both Regular Season and Post-Season games.

What one will find in Ohio in the Regular Season for all other levels of basketball and football and all other sports is that the Home AD will be present but there will not be an Administrator from the Visiting school present.

MTD, Sr.

P.S.: MD please disregard the part of my post in blue. I thought you were responding to CharlieJ47 and not WVUmpire1807. But I am "older that dirt" and I am trying to watch Joe DeRosa in the Louisville-Kentucky game. :D