The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Baseball (https://forum.officiating.com/baseball/)
-   -   Michael Taylor (https://forum.officiating.com/baseball/97392-michael-taylor.html)

Rich Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:52am

Michael Taylor

Hi,

I just wanted to post a quick thread here expressing sympathy on the death of Michael Taylor, an umpire from Salisbury, MD.

Mike spent most of his "forum" time helping to run the Umpire-Empire forum along with umpiring and also his day job, which consisted of managing and running sound for events all over the country. He did post here for a time, although he hadn't done so since 2012. His username was "Michael Taylor."

I never met Michael, but we communicated via Facebook, email, and on U-E -- and I have yet to see anyone have anything other than a kind word about Mike. You'd expect that after his passing, but it was the same before he passed away on Monday.

RIP, Michael.

--Rich

JRutledge Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:11pm

Sorry to hear this Rich. Prayers go out to his family.

Peace

CT1 Thu Feb 27, 2014 01:54pm

May I add my condolences to Mike's family. He'll be missed. RIP.

Manny A Thu Feb 27, 2014 04:24pm

Like Rich, I never met Mike in person. But our email exchanges and dialogue on various umpire discussion boards made me feel like I knew him well. We occasionally spoke of getting on the field together someday, and I truly regret never having lived up to that opportunity, especially since I'm not that far from Salisbury.

My hopes and prayers go out to Mike's family. May he rest forever in peace.

Rita C Fri Feb 28, 2014 01:29am

Truly a friend. I will miss him even though it was only on the internet that I knew him.

Rita

johnnyg08 Fri Feb 28, 2014 08:09am

Mike will be missed. He was liked by all forum members.

ozzy6900 Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:32am

Mike, you will be sorely missed. Good bye old friend.

Publius Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:16pm

Is that the guy who had the software that quoted your ISP, operating system and internet address on screen when you posted?

Lawrence_Dorsey Sat Mar 01, 2014 01:24am

Thanks for the info Rich and I am sad to hear of Michael's passing. I only check-in here occasionally since I am no longer able to umpire. I attended a clinic back in 2003 with members of Michael's umpire association and we conversed several times about that and he was a very helpful and humble seeming guy.

Lawrence

johnnyg08 Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:39am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Publius (Post 925087)
Is that the guy who had the software that quoted your ISP, operating system and internet address on screen when you posted?

I'm pretty sure that's who you're thinking of

Ump29 Sun Mar 02, 2014 03:31pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnnyg08 (Post 925107)
I'm pretty sure that's who you're thinking of

Yes. You are correct.

David B Mon Mar 03, 2014 06:18pm

Praying for his family during this time. I've enjoyed his posts on the Internet through the years.

Thanks
David