The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Thu Oct 05, 2000, 07:38am
Official Forum Member

I and probably you have visited a vast majority of message Boards such as McGriffs / Eteamz / URC and this newly formed Umpire Forum Board.

If the attacks especially on McGriffs are "really true" and not someone just trying to get someone's "goat", I would hate to be paired with some of those guys.

The purpose of this thread is to get your views on the relationship one should have with one's partner. In reading threads over the variety of Message Boards it is apparent that we all have our own opinion on things but IMO we should be as ONE when we step out on that field together.

After all, the only other person "on our side so to speak" is our partners.

While it is not necessary that we be "best buds" it is important as my kids tell me that "WE GOT EACH OTHERS BACK".

I am bascially still a "rookie" in HS ball. I have been umpiring HS and upper ball (ie; Legion / Mens Leagues) for Approx. 3 Yrs. now.

I visit these Boards not to criticize or have that "in your face mentality" but to learn things. Some veteran umpires make me feel very comfortable while others try to "STRUTT THEIR STUFF" and think they are "JOE UMPIRE".

How important do you guys think it is to make your partner "feel comfortable" and also act as one out there on the playing field? I also think it's an important quality for every Blue to Communicate and Listen to each other in order to MAKE THAT RIGHT CALL.

Pete Booth