The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Baseball (https://forum.officiating.com/baseball/)
-   -   That's Just Grayt... (https://forum.officiating.com/baseball/95483-thats-just-grayt.html)

Manny A Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:27am

That's Just Grayt...

From the Official's Choice email I just received:

"Ball Bags are now in stock In DARK-DARK-DARK Gray OR MEDIUM Dark OR Charcoal Gray OR G_D GRAY (matches there [sic] pants)"

This is why I use Navy or Black ball bags. I must have six or eight gray bags, and none of them match the pants I own. Why won't the organizations that require gray bags for their official tournament play come to their senses?

nopachunts Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:08am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manny A (Post 899631)
From the Official's Choice email I just received:

"Ball Bags are now in stock In DARK-DARK-DARK Gray OR MEDIUM Dark OR Charcoal Gray OR G_D GRAY (matches there [sic] pants)"

This is why I use Navy or Black ball bags. I must have six or eight gray bags, and none of them match the pants I own. Why won't the organizations that require gray bags for their official tournament play come to their senses?

I had about three different shades of gray ball bags. I too, only carry black or navy now.

briancurtin Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:31am

50 Shades of Gray - umpire edition

I can't imagine why anyone would wear grey in the first place.

jicecone Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:54am

i agree, there are only two shades of grey:

BLACK

NAVY

Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:11pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by jicecone (Post 899645)

BLACK

NAVY

ROFLMAO!

MTD, Sr.

Manny A Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:39pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by briancurtin (Post 899641)
I can't imagine why anyone would wear grey in the first place.

Unfortunately, some organizations require it in order to umpire in their championship play. At least that's my experience in my neck.

When I see umpires doing those games with one or two gray bags that don't match their pants, it looks like hell.

umpjim Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:56pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manny A (Post 899650)
Unfortunately, some organizations require it in order to umpire in their championship play. At least that's my experience in my neck.

When I see umpires doing those games with one or two gray bags that don't match their pants, it looks like hell.

They look like hell even if they do match. :D

UMP25 Tue Jul 09, 2013 01:04pm

Let's just wear red! :D

MD Longhorn Tue Jul 09, 2013 01:39pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by umpjim (Post 899655)
They look like hell even if they do match. :D

Agreed ... and when they do match, they don't match after you wash the pants once.

Publius Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:25am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manny A (Post 899650)
Unfortunately, some organizations require it in order to...

I've never let an organization require anything. The money is just as green elsewhere, and I'll bet you'd be amazed at how little anybody cares about how many "championships" you've umpired.

Lots of associations, assigners, leagues and teams won't hire me because I don't adhere to their stupid requirements concerning what color certain items of equipment are to be, from pants to jerseys to ball bags to shoes. Hell, a couple won't because I don't use an indicator on the plate.

They don't miss me, and I don't miss them. My average revenue per game climbs every year without them.

RPatrino Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:24pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by UMP25 (Post 899657)
Let's just wear red! :D

I wore red once, a long long time ago. :p

Rich Wed Jul 10, 2013 01:14pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by jicecone (Post 899645)

BLACK

NAVY

I haven't used anything but a black bag in years. Matches my belt, shoes, and purse.

REFANDUMP Wed Jul 10, 2013 02:08pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich (Post 899738)
I haven't used anything but a black bag in years. Matches my belt, shoes, and purse.

Once you go black, you never go back. (Or so I've heard):D:D:D

CT1 Wed Jul 10, 2013 02:38pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich (Post 899738)

So I should be using patent leather?

outathm Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:45pm

My leather ball bags are grey and have never faded nearly as much as my pants :eek: