The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Jul 13, 2003, 09:34pm
Official Forum Member

Thumbs up

Second game of JUCO dh today, I got the sacks. Br smacks one to gap in RC, Br is trying for three, I am stopped at cutout and throw to F5 draws him towards the dish by a few feet. BR, seeing this, slides head first to back of bag, F5 swings backhanded tag and gets runner after arm has bag. I sell a big safe.

F5 jumps up flinging dirt with his glove and yells, "Thats F####### bullsh##, you need to make the fu##### call!" I respond with, "Idid, heres the next one....you done...get outa here, NOW!" More yelling and cussing, then here cometh skipper....

Skipper(very lividly): He's gone, I'm gone...thats my god#### closer!!!

Me: Skip, he was violenty disagreeing with a judgement call, he's done...now, lets keep you here.

Skipper: What did he say, nobody heard a thing

Me: Skip, he stated his case of "bullsh#t" 3 times, enough...lets keep you here. I understand you wanting to defend your players, he's gone, your not...yet

Skipper(deep in thought, scratching chin): Yeah, your right....walsk away

Skipper to PU on his way back to dugout: Dam# it, pulled my hamstring running out there

F1 to me after the melee: Blue, you did the right thing, I can't stand our third baseman.....

Me to skipper after game: Skip, glad I was able to keep you in here(with a handshake)

Skipper: Me too, see ya next week, good job...BTW

Ride home with pard, he relates he's never been in a game with someone getting tossed(only second year here) Tells me I diffused the sit rather well.thinking the same myself....thanks guys
Old Mon Jul 14, 2003, 07:35pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by chris s
...Ride home with pard, he relates he's never been in a game with someone getting tossed(only second year here) Tells me I diffused the sit rather well.thinking the same myself....thanks guys
Why Chris, you've become decidely MELLOW since I've been away! *HUGE grin*

And, FWIW, I'd agree that you did a GREAT job of keeping your cool and keeping that Skip in the game. 'Atta boy! *grin*

Cheers
Old Mon Jul 14, 2003, 11:47pm
Official Forum Member

Thumbs up Mellow...

Quote:
Originally posted by Warren Willson
Quote:
Originally posted by chris s
...Ride home with pard, he relates he's never been in a game with someone getting tossed(only second year here) Tells me I diffused the sit rather well.thinking the same myself....thanks guys
Why Chris, you've become decidely MELLOW since I've been away! *HUGE grin*

And, FWIW, I'd agree that you did a GREAT job of keeping your cool and keeping that Skip in the game. 'Atta boy! *grin*

Cheers
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~`
NAH, just a lot smarter...... as I said, Garth, Tee and you.when it comes to moving up the food chain, you guys have helped in the "upper" game skills...and my PBUC buds as well.BIGGEST GRIN!!!!