The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Baseball (https://forum.officiating.com/baseball/)
-   -   Congrats Bob (https://forum.officiating.com/baseball/91658-congrats-bob.html)

JRutledge Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:34pm

Congrats Bob

I know he would never say this. But for those that do not know, Bob Jenkins worked his 3rd State Final and worked the Plate game in the 4A Championship game (largest schools).

He worked a wonderful game that went to the bottom of the 7th with a walk-off hit.

Peace

mbyron Sun Jun 10, 2012 08:44am

Atta boy, Bob!

ozzy6900 Sun Jun 10, 2012 01:34pm

Way to go, Bob!

Toadman15241 Sun Jun 10, 2012 06:30pm

CONGRATS BOB!!!

Looking at the boxscore, a few things pop out at me:

Only 3 men for the state championship? Unless you are working 3 men the whole season (highly unlikely) why not just use 4 or 6?

You sure were moving them along. 1:33 is quite quick for a game of this magnitude where the defense appears not to have been that great.

2800+ fans for the game seems like a good turnout.

Publius Sun Jun 10, 2012 07:41pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toadman15241 (Post 845490)
You sure were moving them along. 1:33 is quite quick for a game of this magnitude where the defense appears not to have been that great.

Only four base runners in the first three innings, so they probably took about 30 minutes. Fifteen minutes per inning after that is a routine pace; neither quick nor slow. There's your 1:33.

Three errors and four unintentional walks for both teams combined sounds like fairly standard HS baseball. Not sterling, but hardly poorly played. No pitching changes probably contributed most to the quick pace.

CT1 Mon Jun 11, 2012 07:22am

Quote:

Originally Posted by ozzy6900 (Post 845478)
way to go, bob!

+1

JR12 Mon Jun 11, 2012 07:27am

good job, Bob!!!

JRutledge Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:13am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Publius (Post 845495)
Only four base runners in the first three innings, so they probably took about 30 minutes. Fifteen minutes per inning after that is a routine pace; neither quick nor slow. There's your 1:33.

Three errors and four unintentional walks for both teams combined sounds like fairly standard HS baseball. Not sterling, but hardly poorly played. No pitching changes probably contributed most to the quick pace.

Also it helps when a lot of at bats were hit in the infield and were routine or mostly routine plays.

I also think the new bats made a huge difference as hits that would have normally been trouble, fell right into a fielder's glove.

It was certainly a fun and high drama game but very quick. Bob called strikes and that helped too of course. Lesson to those that have long games. Call strikes and the batters will swing.

Peace

tjones1 Tue Jun 12, 2012 03:18pm

Congrats, Bob!

David B Wed Jun 13, 2012 09:19pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRutledge (Post 845530)
Bob called strikes and that helped too of course. Lesson to those that have long games. Call strikes and the batters will swing.

Peace

Very well put, and essential when you get to state championships etc., Let the players swing the bats and decide the game.

Congrats to Bob

Thanks
David

Gulf Coast Blue Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:09am

Atta boy Bob!! I would like to work with him if I ever get a chance.

Joel

Rich Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:49am

Bob is a great person to work with, whether it's baseball or basketball.