The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Baseball (https://forum.officiating.com/baseball/)
-   -   Umpire Tackles Fan (https://forum.officiating.com/baseball/90851-umpire-tackles-fan.html)

Toadman15241 Sat Apr 28, 2012 09:56am

Umpire Tackles Fan

"Country Boy" Streaker Home Run At Camden Yards - YouTube

Jeff Kellogg deserves a bonus for this but will be suspended.

Rita C Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:19pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toadman15241 (Post 839267)
"Country Boy" Streaker Home Run At Camden Yards - YouTube

Jeff Kellogg deserves a bonus for this but will be suspended.

Why? I suppose he should have left it to the security officers. But where were they?

Rita

Toadman15241 Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:32pm

The Baltimore PD has been told not to attempt to go after people like this. They are to just form a circle around them until they tire out. That is why this is the 4th streaker they've had on the field there in less than 15 games.

As far as why he will get suspended, MLB has told those on the field that they don't want them taking such actions.

ASA/NYSSOBLUE Sun Apr 29, 2012 08:02am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toadman15241 (Post 839289)
The Baltimore PD has been told not to attempt to go after people like this. They are to just form a circle around them until they tire out. That is why this is the 4th streaker they've had on the field there in less than 15 games.

As far as why he will get suspended, MLB has told those on the field that they don't want them taking such actions.

Wrong - MLB will NOT be doing anything to Kellogg - the man has a BS in Criminology for one thing. Second, if anything, they are probably getting tired of the poor security at Camden Yards.

JR12 Sun Apr 29, 2012 08:25am

Quote:

Originally Posted by ASA/NYSSOBLUE (Post 839398)
Wrong - MLB will NOT be doing anything to Kellogg - the man has a BS in Criminology for one thing. Second, if anything, they are probably getting tired of the poor security at Camden Yards.

There is no "Poor Security" at Camden Yards. Seem like you know alot about the MLB crew, so speak about that, but since you don't know anything about the BPD perhaps you should keep quiet on that subject.

JR12 Sun Apr 29, 2012 08:40am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toadman15241 (Post 839289)

Incorrect.
When a tresspasser runs on the field, the Officers in the lower decks go to the rail at the field level. The 2 Officers working the field and the 2 in the dugouts walk toward the tresspasser and make the arrest. If he tries to get off the field the lower deck officers are waiting for him. That way we arent on ESPN looking like this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8jph...eature=related

jicecone Sun Apr 29, 2012 09:02am

Quote:

Wrong - MLB will NOT be doing anything to Kellogg - the man has a BS in Criminology for one thing.

OK I'll bite, please explain the logic trail on this one.

JR12 Sun Apr 29, 2012 09:43am

Quote:

Originally Posted by jicecone (Post 839408)
OK I'll bite, please explain the logic trail on this one.

Perhaps only Players and Umpires with degrees in C.J. can take police action??

Steven Tyler Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:08am

Quote:

Originally Posted by JR12 (Post 839415)
Perhaps only Players and Umpires with degrees in C.J. can take police action??

Or get a cameo on one of the many CSI programs.

yawetag Sun Apr 29, 2012 01:32pm

Quote:

Wrong - MLB will NOT be doing anything to Kellogg - the man has a BS in Criminology for one thing.

Getting a degree in Criminal Justice doesn't imply you're capable of tackling a subject. If he'd completed POST, I'll agree with you.

bainsey Sun Apr 29, 2012 03:09pm

Embedded...

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/T9_94t22Ado?version=3&feature=player_detailpage">< param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/T9_94t22Ado?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

DG Sun Apr 29, 2012 08:31pm

I thought streakers were supposed to be naked. This guy didn't even know how to streak correctly.

Eastshire Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:27am

Quote:

Originally Posted by JR12 (Post 839405)
Incorrect.
When a tresspasser runs on the field, the Officers in the lower decks go to the rail at the field level. The 2 Officers working the field and the 2 in the dugouts walk toward the tresspasser and make the arrest. If he tries to get off the field the lower deck officers are waiting for him. That way we arent on ESPN looking like this
The Keystone Kops meet Pickles and Peppers - YouTube

That way you're just on ESPN looking like you don't care and are lax on security.

JR12 Mon Apr 30, 2012 04:08pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eastshire (Post 839582)
That way you're just on ESPN looking like you don't care and are lax on security.

How long have you been in law enforcement?
If you haven't, then ill give your remarks the same attention that I give the "know nothing about baseball "daddys that I hear thru the fence when I'm officiating.
Police work and Umpire work are similar in one fashion.....people that know nothing about either, think they know how to do it better.

Mrumpiresir Mon Apr 30, 2012 07:11pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JR12 (Post 839633)
....people that know nothing about either, think they know how to do it better.

Well said. My nomination for quote of the year