The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Baseball (https://forum.officiating.com/baseball/)
-   -   $6 NFHS Rule Books for iPad (https://forum.officiating.com/baseball/88236-6-nfhs-rule-books-ipad.html)

SAump Sat Feb 11, 2012 06:12pm

$6 NFHS Rule Books for iPad

Available for download now.

nopachunts Sun Feb 12, 2012 01:48am

Will it also work on the iPhone.

SAump Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:27am

Search nfhs in AppStore

NFHS baseball, softball, track and lacrosse available on iPhone and iPad. Released February 10, 2012.

NFHS basketball only available on iPad, not iPhone. Released January 31, 2012.

ODJ Mon Feb 13, 2012 01:21am

So it costs more to get the electronic version than in traditional print which uses more resources.
NF still can't understand profit is in the transmission, not the medium.

Still $5 for the book, $1 for Apple.

Rich Mon Feb 13, 2012 09:23am

Quote:

Originally Posted by nopachunts (Post 822985)
Will it also work on the iPhone.

Yes, it's a universal app, so the download includes an iPad and an iPhone version.

I bought it and it renders fine on my phone. The entire rule book and case book is there and they're both keyword searchable.

$5.99 seems like a fair price, to me. For me, it's worth more than the print version because of the indexing done as well as the searching capabilities. And again, you also get the case book.

nopachunts Mon Feb 13, 2012 09:41am

@RichMSN, Thank you.

"$5.99 seems like a fair price, to me. For me, it's worth more than the print version because of the indexing done as well as the searching capabilities. And again, you also get the case book."

+1,000

ozzy6900 Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:13pm

It would be nice if they had an Android app for baseball. The only NHFS app for Android is for Basketball.

H.Keith Mon Feb 13, 2012 06:56pm

OOOOH, BBALL? WHERE DO I GO?:confused:

john5396 Tue Feb 14, 2012 08:35am

to find the Basketball book, search for NFHS on the android marketplace.

To be fair on the cost for the app based book, there are one time costs to translate the book into the app, adding the indexes, links, etc. A significant labor effort will have to have been spent testing, making certain all the links work, etc, so the one time costs could be in the $Ks. More than they had with creating a PDF that they have done in the past. So they had to price the book based on expected sales rate to cover those one time costs.

Of course, if every official, coach, and over zealous dad buys a copy, then this will be a significant profit item for the NFHS.

I also hope that the android versions will follow soon as it did for basketball.

bercubs Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:17am

Quote:

Originally Posted by ozzy6900 (Post 823448)
It would be nice if they had an Android app for baseball. The only NHFS app for Android is for Basketball.

It's coming. In test phase now.

ozzy6900 Fri Feb 24, 2012 04:58pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by bercubs (Post 827339)
It's coming. In test phase now.

Tell 'em to hurry up!

UmpirePDF Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:05am

Free Searchable PDF available here

Below is the link to the 2012 NFHS baseball rulebook in a searchable PDF!

A bunch of hardwork went into this and depending on the response other baseball and softball books will be made available.

Password is: "iownthehardcopy"

Baseball_Rulebook_2012_NFHS.pdf

Welpe Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:25am

That is a blind link everyone, I highly encourage you to stay away from it.

Rich Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:44am

Quote:

Originally Posted by UmpirePDF (Post 829046)
Below is the link to the 2012 NFHS baseball rulebook in a searchable PDF!

A bunch of hardwork went into this and depending on the response other baseball and softball books will be made available.

Password is: "iownthehardcopy"

Baseball_Rulebook_2012_NFHS.pdf

Regardless of how you try to justify it, it's illegal for you to distribute this.