The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun May 11, 2003, 07:12pm
Official Forum Member

Wink

WAS not me, but I am working on it now!!!LOL

Suspended game me and assignor finished this am. 10-2, 2 complete. I got dish, we finish 5 with a final of 13-2 in one hour, full pay, 32 clams. Can't complain. Got a 2:00 11-12's this afternon. Show up, it been changed to 9-10's, AAARGHHH. We are moving along, slowly and errorly, but surely! 5th inning, game within 2 runs, all of a sudden I hear this slurred jackass starting to yell at the kids for the home team.At first it was positive(yet very annoying), I (and everybody else) could tell this guy was liqoured up. Between innings, I see the other city's leage ad is there, I sez, "hey Ken, ya think he's drunk, or just stupid all the time?" Bout that time, visiting coach comes up to us laughing and sez, "how many "OL 8's ya think he's had?" We had a bit of laugh and continue game.
I go to home coach and tell him to deal with liquor man, he tells me he doesn't know who he is. I'm like, "duh, he knows your kids names", still denies knowing this guy.

Top 6, visitors come from 2 down to up by 4.Liqour man can be heard blocks away, I'm sure.He's talking smack bout every pitch, out, or safe. I'm thinking, "gee, he's gotta be seeing at least 2 or 3 baseballs each play" B6, liqour man is now right behind the backstop, with the scorekeeper mom. SKM yells to me to talk, I call time and she motions me to talk away from LM. Tells me " this guy reeks like booze, can you help me here?" I sez, " lessee bout this next pitch, then watch"

Next pitch,belt high fasty, kid bails....STRIKE! LM pops off, "that wasss OOOUtside, coooom..on Blue" I did the thing we should not do...." TIME, YOU, SHUT your mouth, NOW!" 2 parents quickly picked his stumbling *** up off the bleachers and drove him home.

Do not hammer me on rabbit ears here, homey was way outa line, no help from skippy and I did what needed to be done.....9-10's, acting like this??????
Old Sun May 11, 2003, 10:15pm
Official Forum Member

Like the other thread Chris, you probably should have stuck to your guns and only dealt with the Manager.

Yes, you solved the problem, but sometimes getting the manager to handle you dirty work for you, makes it a less confrontational event.
Old Sun May 11, 2003, 10:20pm
Official Forum Member

"TIME. This game will not continue until this person is removed from the area. If necessary, call the police".

Bob
Old Mon May 12, 2003, 12:46am
Official Forum Member

TIME!! I will not do Minor (9-10 yr olds) games for money...and never let anyone upset me while doing Minor games because it ain't worth it.

Give back the money, tell the drunk you're sorry, and start working some baseball (16 and above)
Old Tue May 13, 2003, 08:45am
Official Forum Member

Deal with the manager ONLY!!!! You are only asking for trouble when you start dealing with un-ruly fans. Also....the board should also have some type of policy regarding alcohol and kids. And do yourself a favor....Leave 9-10's to someone else.
Old Wed May 14, 2003, 01:39am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Whowefoolin
TIME!! I will not do Minor (9-10 yr olds) games for money...and never let anyone upset me while doing Minor games because it ain't worth it.

Give back the money, tell the drunk you're sorry, and start working some baseball (16 and above)
You are entitled to your opinion but these games need officials too don't they? I will call any game I am assigned. From 6 year olds to high school. If I am at a public park and some one is liquered up I call the police. Private park I throw that person out period. No more baseball until he or she leaves.