The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Mar 28, 2003, 09:43am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to johnSandlin Send a message via Yahoo to johnSandlin
Yesterday, major league baseball announced its 2003 umpire crews for the upcoming season. You can find them at http://www.mlb.com
Old Tue Apr 01, 2003, 08:21pm
Official Forum Member

There's an umpire crew that'd I'd really like to watch when they're in the area. Does anyone know where I can find a schedule of which crew is working what games when?
Old Wed Apr 02, 2003, 08:00am
Official Forum Member

All you need to do is call the team's office and speak with them about your request, and they should be able to help you out. The only thing I would advise you to do, is to make sure that you clearly state that you are an official, and possibly be ready to back up your comments with any identification numbers that you use for your games. I hope this helps? Might I inquire which umpire you like?
Old Wed Apr 02, 2003, 08:43am
Official Forum Member

Crew "F" is the one i'm specifically interested in. I've talked to Tim Timmons (#95) a couple of times and would like to watch him work when he's in Cincinatti, Cleveland, or Chicago and even find some of his other games on TV. The last time he was in the area, the schedules weren't out yet. And, when you say, "call the team's office and speak with them about your request" do you mean the MLB team in my area? Thanks
Old Wed Apr 02, 2003, 08:53am
Official Forum Member

Yes. Make sure to talk to somebody in the baseball office that handles public relations. I have a couple of friends that are MLB umpires and that is what I have to do when I try to find if their crew is working in my area.
Old Wed Apr 02, 2003, 09:01am
Official Forum Member

Buckeye12,

That crew is currently in Detroit right now, and is probably heading from Detroit to your area for their next assignment, or will be there sometime in the next week. The crew chief is one of my friends I was referring to. I do not have the crews schedule, but I am believing that they will be in your area soon. Let me know what happens with your search.

[Edited by johnSandlin on Apr 2nd, 2003 at 08:03 AM]