The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Baseball (https://forum.officiating.com/baseball/)
-   -   Photo as promised (https://forum.officiating.com/baseball/59612-photo-promised.html)

SanDiegoSteve Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:18am

Photo as promised

Here is the new me after 2 years of weight loss (then gain, then loss again):

http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/q...e/Steve1-4.jpg

In November 2008, my cardiologist told me that if I didn't lose weight very soon, that I was going to die. My aorta valve has shrunken to about the diameter of a pencil, and with the weight and fat I was hauling around, I was going to drop dead. That's when I began to seriously do something about myself, for myself.

I got on Nutrisystem immediately and began losing weight. I got down to 272, and then began to balloon back up to 292 after discontinuing the diet, thinking I could control it myself. Wrong!

So, this past July 4th, I was at 292 and started Medifast. Anyone needing to make weight or just want to lose fat while keeping the muscle should try this diet. In just 4 months now, I have lost 78 pounds of unwanted FAT!

I haven't felt this good in years, and I'm back to being jackrabbit quick on the field again, and never out of breath after a sprint. I'm doing cardio, and ab training too, along with umpiring four 9-inning NABA games every weekend.

I still have quite a way to go yet, but I'll get there. I always accomplish what I set out to do.

Rich Ives Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:47am

Way to go Steve - good luck on getting to your goal.

ozzy6900 Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:08am

Nice Job, Steve. Hey, where did all your hair go? :D

TussAgee11 Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:30am

Get a vice, a drill, and a small bit --- and put a new notch in that belt!

SanDiegoSteve Tue Nov 02, 2010 02:35pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by TussAgee11 (Post 699315)
Get a vice, a drill, and a small bit --- and put a new notch in that belt!

Yes, I have to add new holes all the time, then about once a month I have to buy a new, smaller belt. I use a hammer, several sizes of punches, a tapered reamer, with an anvil.

This picture was taken a week ago when I weighed 217.;)

SanDiegoSteve Tue Nov 02, 2010 02:39pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by ozzy6900 (Post 699308)
Nice Job, Steve. Hey, where did all your hair go? :D

The usual places...back, shoulders, ears, nose...everywhere but on the head. I guess I should do the Rogaine thing.

johnnyg08 Tue Nov 02, 2010 05:49pm

Look great Steve...good for you....wishing you many more innings on the diamond! Thanks for posting

Umpmazza Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:29am

good job Steve, that is hard work right there...keep with it.. and watch how much faster you will be on the field..

Texas Aggie Wed Nov 03, 2010 08:47pm

Grab some dumbells and build a little muscle. You may gain a little weight, but it will be OK. I also wouldn't worry too much about about exact weight. Set a goal for a pants size -- say, 34 -- and shoot for that. Does anyone really care what they weigh if they have a 48 inch chest and a 32 inch waist with 10-12% (or less) bodyfat?

Steven Tyler Thu Nov 04, 2010 01:50am

Quote:

Originally Posted by SanDiegoSteve (Post 699296)

Anyone needing to make weight or just want to lose fat while keeping the muscle should try this diet.

I went to my doctor this past Monday afternoon and implied about the Medifast program after seeing an advertisement in the paper. Since she is a graduate of Duke Medical School, I'm going to take her word over yours.

She proceeded to tell me everything about this program that the company doesn't advertise.

My doctor only confirmed what I've known for years. The best and most effective way to pull off unwanted pounds consists of a healthy diet, good regular exercise routine, and a weight training program that fits the dieters need. In other words, calories in, calories out, feed the muscle and burn the fat.

I also suggest subscribing to Web MD. There is alway a lot of very good and beneficial information in the various e-mail newsletters. Subjects include men's health, weight loss, mental wellness and cholesterol management just to mention a few.

bob jenkins Thu Nov 04, 2010 07:40am

So we have different opinions on a particular diet program. No surprise. Also, not very relevant to this discussion board.

Congrats to all who have lost weight they wanted to lose under whatever plan worked for them. As with all healt decisions, consult with your physician as you see fit.