The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Baseball (https://forum.officiating.com/baseball/)
-   -   San Diego Steve (https://forum.officiating.com/baseball/59211-san-diego-steve.html)

nopachunts Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:27pm

San Diego Steve

Anyone heard from or know anything about SDS. Haven't seen any posts from him lately? I was out for a couple of months and didn't know if I missed something.

Matt Thu Sep 30, 2010 03:27pm

In looking at his profile at umpire.org, he hasn't logged on since June, and here he hasn't since July. I don't recall him doing a Rule 6, so I don't know what the situation is.

yawetag Thu Sep 30, 2010 05:49pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt (Post 694448)
I don't recall him doing a Rule 6, so I don't know what the situation is.

Rule 6 -- The Core Rules of Netiquette -- Excerpted from Netiquette by Virginia Shea -- Albion.com ?

johnnyg08 Thu Sep 30, 2010 06:06pm

I've PM'd him within the last year and heard from him.

Not much though.

Matt Thu Sep 30, 2010 06:08pm

Nope. Rule 6 (from a different board, sometimes I still inadvertently use the shorthand) is telling people you are done with the board. The consequence (on that board) is if you say you are done, you will not be allowed back. The rule exists to avoid drama queens.

JJ Thu Sep 30, 2010 08:11pm

So Michael Jordan would be out of luck trying to make a return? :D

JJ

Armadillo_Blue Thu Sep 30, 2010 09:24pm

And no luck for Brett Favre either. :)

Rich Ives Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:09pm

I tried an e-mail to Steve using a three year old address I have and got back:

Due to extended inactivity new mail is not currently being accepted for this mailbox.

Rich Fri Oct 01, 2010 08:39am

Does anyone know his full name? If they do, PM me and I'll do some internet sleuthing to see if I can find anything.

The internet being what it is, when people disappear you wonder if something bad has happened. One longtime poster on alt.sports.officiating (and later rec.sports.officiating) was sick and eventually disappeared and I didn't realize he had died for 2-3 years afterward.

Rich Ives Fri Oct 01, 2010 09:32am

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichMSN (Post 694536)
Does anyone know his full name? If they do, PM me and I'll do some internet sleuthing to see if I can find anything.

The internet being what it is, when people disappear you wonder if something bad has happened. One longtime poster on alt.sports.officiating (and later rec.sports.officiating) was sick and eventually disappeared and I didn't realize he had died for 2-3 years afterward.

Check your PMs

PeteBooth Fri Oct 01, 2010 02:00pm

[QUOTE]
Quote:

Originally Posted by RichMSN (Post 694536)

The internet being what it is, when people disappear you wonder if something bad has happened.

Rich speaking of people who disappeared, hear from Garth anymore? If so is he posting on another Forum

Thanks

Pete Booth

Rich Ives Fri Oct 01, 2010 02:55pm

[QUOTE=PeteBooth;694588]
Quote:

Rich speaking of people who disappeared, hear from Garth anymore? If so is he posting on another Forum

Thanks

Pete Booth
Do you mean Garth Benham?

If so he just had an article published here a week ago (9/21).

Rich Fri Oct 01, 2010 03:24pm

[quote=PeteBooth;694588]
Quote:

Thanks

Pete Booth
Garth is alive and well. I hear from him quite often.

Tim C Fri Oct 01, 2010 03:42pm

Yep,

Quote:

"I hear from him quite often."
As do I.

T

(many articles that appear here are repeats from days past.)

ODJ Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:25pm

Is SD Steve, Mattingly?

I know the AZ Umpires Steve Mattingly. And they're not the same person.

SD Steve said we was losing a lot of weight. Maybe he went too far.