The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Baseball (https://forum.officiating.com/baseball/)
-   -   Connecticut LLWS Pitcher, New England Regional Final (https://forum.officiating.com/baseball/58842-connecticut-llws-pitcher-new-england-regional-final.html)

TwoBits Sat Aug 14, 2010 06:26pm

Connecticut LLWS Pitcher, New England Regional Final

I'm not familiar with LL rules, but tell me if what he is doing is legal and not a quick pitch by MLB and FED interpretations: he is stepping on the rubber and immediately putting his hands together. The batter is requesting time to get into the box, but as soon as he drops his hand and the umpire calls play, the pitcher delivers.

griff901c Sat Aug 14, 2010 07:27pm

"Play" means play..good to go..

Rich Ives Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:17pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwoBits (Post 688725)
I'm not familiar with LL rules, but tell me if what he is doing is legal and not a quick pitch by MLB and FED interpretations: he is stepping on the rubber and immediately putting his hands together. The batter is requesting time to get into the box, but as soon as he drops his hand and the umpire calls play, the pitcher delivers.

And . . . ?

Why do you think thsi is illegal - anywhere?

bob jenkins Sun Aug 15, 2010 08:00am

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwoBits (Post 688725)
he is stepping on the rubber and immediately putting his hands together.

Legal.

(The second part was correctly addressed by others.)

ozzy6900 Sun Aug 15, 2010 02:18pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Ives (Post 688739)
And . . . ?

I think that the OP is wanting some kind of delay.

Okay, TwoBits, New rule for 2011. The umpire will call "Play... an' a 1, an' a 2..."

TwoBits Sun Aug 15, 2010 03:33pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Ives (Post 688739)
And . . . ?

Guess I forgot to mention that he was pitching from the set position.

So knowing that, doesn't that violate part of OBR 8.01 (assuming LL rules are still based upon OBR as it was many, many years ago when I lived in a LL area):

Preparatory to coming to a set position, the pitcher shall have one hand on his side; from this position he shall go to his set position as defined in Rule 8.01(b) without interruption and in one continuous motion.

KJUmp Mon Aug 16, 2010 08:10am

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwoBits (Post 688772)
Guess I forgot to mention that he was pitching from the set position.

So knowing that, doesn't that violate part of OBR 8.01 (assuming LL rules are still based upon OBR as it was many, many years ago when I lived in a LL area):

Preparatory to coming to a set position, the pitcher shall have one hand on his side; from this position he shall go to his set position as defined in Rule 8.01(b) without interruption and in one continuous motion.

LLB has had their own Rule Book and interpretations for many, many years.