The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri May 28, 2010, 11:16am
M.A.S.H.

Exclamation E-mail Hacked

All -

Some of you I have contacted off the board via e-mail. My e-mail address was hacked late last night or very early this morning. If you have an e-mail from me please disregard it. I apologize for the spam - hopefully I can get it back and under control.

I promise that I'm not in Wales UK and I don't need $2,000. Also, I don't have any hotel or taxi problems.

Again, sorry if you got an e-mail from me.

If I ever catch the SOB who did this... I'm going to request Chuck send him the 512 reasons to bring back the jump ball.
Old Fri May 28, 2010, 11:27am
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjones1 View Post
All -

Some of you I have contacted off the board via e-mail. My e-mail address was hacked late last night or very early this morning. If you have an e-mail from me please disregard it. I apologize for the spam - hopefully I can get it back and under control.

I promise that I'm not in Wales UK and I don't need $2,000. Also, I don't have any hotel or taxi problems.

Again, sorry if you got an e-mail from me.

If I ever catch the SOB who did this... I'm going to request Chuck send him the 512 reasons to bring back the jump ball.

tjones:

As you know from the Basketball Forum I believe that the Alternating Possession is an abomination upon the great game of basketball. Please email the 512 reasons to bring back the jump ball once you get your email back undercontrol. I will PM you my email address.

By the way, once your identify and locate the SOB, my cousin Guido would love to pay him a visit and make him an offer he can't refuse, .

MTD, Sr.
Ohio Assn. of Basketball Officials
International Assn. of Approved Bkb. Officials
Ohio High School Athletic Association
Toledo, Ohio
Old Fri May 28, 2010, 07:01pm
Archaic Power Monger

This has been happening a lot lately. Sorry to hear about it, tjones.

Make sure you're using a strong password, folks.

http://www.microsoft.com/protect/fra...ds/create.aspx

Last edited by Welpe; Fri May 28, 2010 at 07:03pm.
Old Sat May 29, 2010, 12:28am
Official Forum Member

I kept getting emails on my Blackberry that said I needed to go in and update my password for my Gmail account. I wasn't getting emails on my phone. I went in several times and re-entered my password but nothing worked. The next time I went into my email on the computer, Gmail made me verify a bunch of stuff and create a new password. When I got in I realized that mine had been hacked as well and I saw that it had sent people emails automatically.

Before this happened, I had been getting spam emails from people in my contacts list who I presume had the same thing happen to them. Very frustrating indeed.
Old Sat May 29, 2010, 08:51pm
Official Forum Member

I had my Email spoofed, not hacked, and the @sshole who did it--whoever he is--sent salacious Emails to a few people, one of whom was a D1 ballplayer! Whether this person is the same person who has been behind my identity fraud that has involved my parents and two friends of mine is not known, but I'll tell you--having spent thousands of dollars, hiring a lawyer, involving local police, the USPS Postal Inspection Service, and FBI has NOT been fun.

What has been equally painful is that a fellow assignor in the area used this to help besmirch my name and reputation, and others automatically assumed I had actually sent those spoofed Emails, even though I had proof that I was unable to send them at the time they were sent and that I had been fighting ID theft for 18 months prior to that.

What a nightmare this crap has been. I wouldn't wish this upon my worst enemy.
Old Wed Jun 02, 2010, 11:13pm
M.A.S.H.

I was able to get control over my account again and get my contacts and several e-mails, thankfully!

If you need my new e-mail address, please send me a PM.