The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Baseball (https://forum.officiating.com/baseball/)
-   -   Who' over vs. Who's still going (https://forum.officiating.com/baseball/5746-who-over-vs-whos-still-going.html)

Whowefoolin Sun Sep 08, 2002 12:44am

Just wanted to know. What areas of the country are still going strong with some sort of baseball (no...softball by drunken salesmen is not considered baseball)?

Winter leagues? Adult games?

ref5678 Sun Sep 08, 2002 09:54am

here in illoinis we have fall leauge rec. baseball starting up today

GarthB Sun Sep 08, 2002 12:35pm

Three fall ball leagues are still going. (Adult, high school level, PONY)

PeteBooth Sun Sep 08, 2002 01:36pm

<i> Originally posted by Whowefoolin </i>

<b> Just wanted to know. What areas of the country are still going strong with some sort of baseball (no...softball by drunken salesmen is not considered baseball)?

Winter leagues? Adult games? </b>

Here in NY we have the Playoffs / Finals of the Mens leagues. In addition we have Fall Ball For Legion. We also have Fall Ball for youth Leagues 16/under and 14 / under. Fall ball is played strictly on the weekends and here in NY finishes up at the end of October, first week in November then that's it until HS starts in March of next year.

BTW anyone officiate different sports or think of officiating different sports. A couple of friends of mine want me to officiate Football next year.

Pete Booth

bluezebra Sun Sep 08, 2002 04:25pm

Here in the High Desert (Victor Valley) area of So Cal, we have adult men's baseball. It's a well organized league, and they play a good brand of ball. They're mostly older players who aren't trying to impress their girlfriends. There are professional men, business men, HS coaches, etc. In all the games I worked, I never even had to warn a player, or eject one.

Bob

Jim Porter Sun Sep 08, 2002 06:45pm

Ummmm, I'm still working Summer ball playoffs in MSBL.

Roger Greene Sun Sep 08, 2002 09:31pm

Central NC is still having weekend tournaments, and will have through October. Just in from finishing a 17 & under non-sanctioned tournament. USSSA baseball still playing nearly every weekend.

Roger Greene

scottk_61 Mon Sep 09, 2002 01:37am

We are in the second week of AAU Fall Ball here in Florida.
I worked two games today and could've worked more if I wanted.
Florida is year round ball season.
(let me rub it in a bit. )

kylejt Mon Sep 09, 2002 09:38am

Pony and LL are going until the weekend before Thanksgiving here in San Diego. Umped Saturday and managed Sunday. Man, my lawn looks horrible again.

Kyle

Whowefoolin Mon Sep 09, 2002 10:47pm

KYLEJT...

What association? I am here in San Diego. Doing Adult, and Pony winterball. Also doing the Police/Firemans memorial tourney at Tony Gwynn Stadium at SDSU. Teams from NY, Penn, Arizona, Missouri,etc... all coming.

kylejt Mon Sep 09, 2002 11:03pm

Whowefoolin,

Just umpiring at Rancho Buena Vista LL, and managing a Pony team in Vista.

Man, working at San Diego State must be pretty cool. I've watched a bunch of games there. Maybe I'll keep working up through the ranks and join you someday.

Kyle

[Edited by kylejt on Sep 10th, 2002 at 12:57 AM]

MAC Mon Sep 09, 2002 11:31pm

SO.CENTRAL CONN.

The checks are still rollin in, it all fallball 14u 90' to
over 30 leagues we will go to about 11/02 , with a couple
of 12u tourney's in between, my favorite is the end of the
season wood bat tourney, to see them bee's in the bat sting
their hand's on a hit really is a treat to say the least

mac

Jackie W. Wed Sep 11, 2002 10:10am

And up here in Northern Minnesota, this girl has got the "blues". Already missing the action, waiting for next season. I still can't convince the family to move so I can have a longer season. So, to all you lucky brats, I'm jealous!

Jackie

brandda Wed Sep 11, 2002 11:48am

Started LL Fall Ball last night down here in Texas.

Bfair Thu Sep 12, 2002 07:41am

I'm assigning about 90 umpiring slots weekly---most on weekends.
That's a mix of high school fall ball and adult league.
While my active umpire pool is about 40-60 guys during summer ball, it dwindles in the fall (as do the games) due to some officials jumping to football, basketball, and volleyball.

The high school ball will continue through late October and the adult ball typically runs until Thanksgiving, but has on occasion stretched into January (due to weather) attempting to complete the fall season playoffs.

We start up again with Fed scrimmages in early Feb.

Freix