The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Dec 01, 2009, 11:16am
Official Forum Member

I think they got swamped with that email promo. I also order all my baseballs and other such things from them, with no concerns. This time, I had to call like you did, due to poor performance on the web site.

Sorry for any trouble; the Majestics for 40 percent off was an eye-opener that I wanted to share with everybody.
Old Tue Dec 01, 2009, 12:19pm
Official Forum Member

The mask I ordered over the weekend is on it's way via UPS ground, and will get to me Friday. So far, so good, and thanks for the tip.
Old Tue Dec 01, 2009, 12:34pm
Official Forum Member

I feel better now.
Old Tue Dec 01, 2009, 09:34pm
Is this a legal title?

No worries, Fin. I'm not one who needs his order in two days when it's the off-season. I still remember all the complaints about +POS during their annual December promo--never did understand why guys who weren't going to so much as sniff a cage until February got so mad because their order didn't arrive by Dec. 5.

As long as I have it by June 1, at those prices I'll likely be back. I appreciate the heads-up.
Old Wed Dec 02, 2009, 03:21pm
Official Forum Member

Old Mon Dec 07, 2009, 06:52pm
Is this a legal title?

Thumbs down Caveat emptor

They charged me the shipping. The confirmation email said:

"The order shipped yesterday. The UPS tracking # is xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. When the order was placed the free shipping was not being offered."

That, despite the fact that the offer was prominently displayed at the top of the web page when I placed my order.

My reply was, "Nice--the web site hooks you with an offer, and the company doesn't honor it. I order hundreds of dollars of equipment every year. I hope the seven bucks (keep it) is worth all the business you won't be seeing from me in the future."

This one of those deals where one could probably get his way by complaining again. To me, it's worth the $7 to learn on the first transaction the kind of company I'm dealing with. I'd rather pay more for the confidence that I won't be wondering every time if an offer will be honored, or it's just another game of bait-and-switch.
Old Mon Dec 07, 2009, 07:13pm
Official Forum Member

I got my mask, and other assorted stuff, on time, and shipped free.

I'm guessing it was just a software glitch. Call them up, and give them a chance to make it right. Have your order number ready, and pick up the phone.
Old Mon Dec 07, 2009, 09:14pm
Is this a legal title?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylejt View Post
...give them a chance to make it right.
I gave them a chance--they chose not to.

Their response to my email inquiry as to why I was being charged a shipping fee despite the website promo was a direct affirmation of the charge, not a software glitch.
Old Wed Dec 30, 2009, 04:16pm
Official Forum Member

I'm getting my shirts at different times---all free shipping, no matter when they come in on backorder. I added an order of an extra shirt, along with some other stuff, which came very soon after the additional order, and only on that order was I charged a shipping charge, but it included some other baseball equipment and attire.

So, all told, I ordered six Majestic MLB shirts (four black; two MLB blue) and received them a pair at a time for a total of $135. The same order normally would run $220-to-$240.

I assume that those two colors will be in use for at least the next several years, so I should have enough premium shirts to go around no matter what associations I'm working for.