The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Baseball (https://forum.officiating.com/baseball/)
-   -   Those big fakers!!!!!!! (https://forum.officiating.com/baseball/54907-those-big-fakers.html)

Chris_Hickman Mon Oct 05, 2009 07:14pm

Those big fakers!!!!!!!

Video - Fake Umpires - FanDome

SanDiegoSteve Mon Oct 05, 2009 07:34pm

I didn't watch the video, but if it's the two clowns that sit behind the backstop at Cubs games, they are a total joke. You can tell they've never umpired a real pitch in their lives. Their mechanics suck, they start to rise up for strike calls then sit back down quickly when they realize the pitch is a ball, they give the count like a smitty with the back of the hands facing the pitcher, and worst of all, they heckle the umpire when a call goes against the Cubs. What a couple of losers. They spend all game arguing with fans nearby, who are no doubt tired of their tired act.

I took a quick peek. Yep, it's those two losers, alright. Different venue, same lame act.

jicecone Mon Oct 05, 2009 07:56pm

I agree, their timming is terrible and their off-field antics are very un-professional. I can't believe MLB is so short of games that these two don't receive any. It must be really mind twisting sitting there every game waiting for your big chance.

What did you say their names were Steve, "The Smith Brothers"?

DG Mon Oct 05, 2009 08:49pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by SanDiegoSteve (Post 629086)
I didn't watch the video, but if it's the two clowns that sit behind the backstop at Cubs games, they are a total joke. You can tell they've never umpired a real pitch in their lives. Their mechanics suck, they start to rise up for strike calls then sit back down quickly when they realize the pitch is a ball, they give the count like a smitty with the back of the hands facing the pitcher, and worst of all, they heckle the umpire when a call goes against the Cubs. What a couple of losers. They spend all game arguing with fans nearby, who are no doubt tired of their tired act.

I took a quick peek. Yep, it's those two losers, alright. Different venue, same lame act.

The video was of 2 guys in Toronto. Why didn't you watch the short video? Baseball is fun.

Umpmazza Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:16pm

Those 2 guys are funny.. they are just having fun, they are not trying to be Real umpires.... they are just messing around, so yea their mechanics are gonna suck.

TussAgee11 Tue Oct 06, 2009 01:53am

Do they entertain fans? Yes.

Isn't that what MLB is intended to do? Yes.

What's the big freaking deal. No different than playing YMCA between innings. Who the freak cares.

mbyron Tue Oct 06, 2009 06:08am

Pretty funny that the Yankees have nothing better to do with $1K seats than give them to those guys!

ozzy6900 Tue Oct 06, 2009 06:44am

These 2 guy are doing exactly what is intended - make you watch the antics! We all know that they are not real umpires so enjoy the show! Personally, I think they have a lot of balls to dress up like that on that side of the fence! Some drunk might just think that they are "fair game".

Jay R Tue Oct 06, 2009 07:16am

They don't take themselves seriously, that's what makes them amusing rather than annoying. By the way, they said that some MLB umpires had given them some authentic hats and shirts so obviously the real umpires don't mind them.

mattmets Tue Oct 06, 2009 08:31am

Quote:

Originally Posted by TussAgee11 (Post 629131)
No different than playing YMCA between innings. Who the freak cares.

That in no way, shape, or form helps your case, Tuss :-)

Umpmazza Tue Oct 06, 2009 08:58am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay R (Post 629149)
They don't take themselves seriously, that's what makes them amusing rather than annoying. By the way, they said that some MLB umpires had given them some authentic hats and shirts so obviously the real umpires don't mind them.

there was a story earlier this year about one of the MLB ump's at 2nd base was watching these guys and laughing pretty hard... It might have been Angel Hernandez.. he was watching there mechanics and how they were mimicking the PU... the PU had no idea what was going on until they told him...

Like i said I think there funny...

Kevin Finnerty Tue Oct 06, 2009 09:19am

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbyron (Post 629136)
Pretty funny that the Yankees have nothing better to do with $1K seats than give them to those guys!

Tru$t fund kids ...

kylejt Tue Oct 06, 2009 09:27am

If you've ever been in the right field bleachers of Yankee Stadium during the playing of YMCA you'll get a new appriciation for the tune. They have their own words, and single out some poor goof wearing the wrong gear. It's hilarious.

SanDiegoSteve Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:37pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by DG (Post 629105)
The video was of 2 guys in Toronto. Why didn't you watch the short video? Baseball is fun.

It's the same two guys, and they love to heckle the umpires while wearing umpire uniforms. What's fun or funny about that? If you had seen them at the Cubs game on TV last week, you would have thought their act was very tired, and they loudly and vehemently harassed the plate umpire when they disagreed with calls against the Cubs, which incited the fans nearby.

seans Tue Oct 06, 2009 01:04pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by SanDiegoSteve (Post 629226)
It's the same two guys, and they love to heckle the umpires while wearing umpire uniforms. What's fun or funny about that? If you had seen them at the Cubs game on TV last week, you would have thought their act was very tired, and they loudly and vehemently harassed the plate umpire when they disagreed with calls against the Cubs, which incited the fans nearby.

It doesn't appear to me that they are there to "heckle" the umpires. The two guys you are describing in Chicago may just be imitators of the two original guys from Toronto. Seems like they are just having some harmless fun, and congrats to them for scoring the free tickets to Yankee Stadium. Getting profiled by ESPN's E:60 is pretty cool as well.