The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Baseball (https://forum.officiating.com/baseball/)
-   -   EJ Video (Complete w/ Rat Announcers!) (https://forum.officiating.com/baseball/54449-ej-video-complete-w-rat-announcers.html)

mattmets Fri Aug 28, 2009 07:15am

EJ Video (Complete w/ Rat Announcers!)

For anyone who doesn't want to watch, please don't. Anyone who wants to see a grade-A rat in the booth, here we go.

Twins' Orlando Cabrera run by Todd Tichenor for arguing B/S.
Baseball Video Highlights & Clips | [email protected]: Cabrera is ejected for arguing a strike call - Video | MLB.com: Multimedia

zm1283 Fri Aug 28, 2009 07:27am

I saw that last night. What a turd. (Both the announcers and Cabrera) The guy slams his bat down after a strikeout and turns and looks at Tichenor and they think Tichenor is out of line for dumping him. Then they keep chirping about how he could get fined or suspended, but shouldn't have been ejected.

johnnyg08 Fri Aug 28, 2009 07:37am

They really like to push the buttons of the call ups...Todd has had some good runs w/ the Twins this year.

UES-2 Fri Aug 28, 2009 09:07am

Of coarse the announcers fail to mention the RAT flappin' his lips to Todd after he slams the bat.......

JR12 Fri Aug 28, 2009 09:22am

Quote:

Originally Posted by UES-2 (Post 622697)
Of coarse the announcers fail to mention the RAT flappin' his lips to Todd after he slams the bat.......

Exactly, it's what he said that got him tossed (while turning his head toward HPU) IMO. If he never turned his head around, HPU probably lets him stay, since one could have argued he only slammed the bat because he was mad at himself.

cc6 Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:18am

Good ejection. Slamming equipment followed by glaring looks bad on the umpire. I thought the announcers' comments were within reason.

ozzy6900 Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:24am

Nothing new here, people. Why is it so upsetting? Announcers don't know anything about umpiring nor do they have super-duper hearing to hear what is going on down on the field. The announcers will continue to spew their diarrhea and the listening simptons will continue to be memorized and amazed at the "wealth of knowledge" they are listening to. All of your moaning fixes nothing when it comes to the know-nothing announcers. :cool:

SanDiegoSteve Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:29am

Quote:

Originally Posted by cc6 (Post 622703)
Good ejection. Slamming equipment followed by glaring looks bad on the umpire. I thought the announcers' comments were within reason.

I agree. What do people expect the announcers to say, "Great ejection, wow, did you see how he ran him, oh my word!"? They were correct in that slamming a bat in frustration is a fine, not an ejection. Nobody could hear what Cabrera said, which is no doubt what got him run, not the bat slam.

DonInKansas Sat Sep 05, 2009 08:11am

Todd's gonnas need rotator cuff surgery if he gets too many more games at the Metrodome. :D:D